question about pulling a tube

beachliving

Reaction score
Hello, my pontoon doesn't have a ski tow bar , was wondering if I wanted to pull a tube can I get a harness and attach it to the back of the toon. Thank you!

I'm in the same situation. Between searching the web, and talking with our local dealer, there are to many conflicting answers. I bought a ski harness, but I'm not sure if I should hook it to the back of the toons, or the u-bolts at the transom. Looking for some advise from others. btw, thanks to everyone for all the other great info on this site.

There are some who have purchased the Turbo Swing and like it. It's kind of pricey though.

We pull a Big Mable 2 person tube and booster ball using a harness attached to the u-bolts on the transom. The ball helps keep the tow line up out of the water and really cuts down on the drag. I was told if the boat can be lifted by the u-bolts on the transom then they are more than adequate for pulling a tube! More than anything, you want to have a mirror so the driver can keep an eye on the tubers behind him.

How long is your harness? I hooked our 12' to the u-bolts, and was afraid it was going to interfere with the motor. The sales man at the local dealer told me that he hooks to the eyes on the end of the toons. I've read that you can't hook there. They say do not lift right on them. If the dealers can't use them to lift the boats, and you can't pull from them, what are they for?

If you want to go all in, then I’d say the Turbo Swing. Expensive, but tube rated and meant as something to add onto the boat after manufacture. However, I don’t see why a harness wouldn’t work when attached to the right spot in back either. Kind fo the same through, what are those dang things for if you cannot hook anything to them...?

They are for trailer tiedowns....

Which raises another point, if you don't know what those are, do NOT trailer your boat until you do.

Think I've got you beat in that regard...

Last edited:
the tie downs are not for water sports per Bennington.

Back