Question on SPS Config - Do I add Lifting Strakes?

SnakeByte

Reaction score
Just wanting to make sure I have everything covered with my purchase, and the config and notes on the SPS package are a bit confusing.

My question is, do I need to order lifting strakes for the two outer tubes?  

The reason I ask is that the builder indicates "performance foils inside the outer tubes".

And the following content says to "add lifting strakes for increased performance", and the diagram shows lifting strakes on the inside and outside of all tubes:

http://www.benningtonmarine.com/About-Bennington-Marine.php?content=performance

Next, my quote from the dealer shows:

Sport Performance System - SPS 150 with Transom Fuel 21 S includes 900182 - Solid Keel(3 tubes)) (90065-Underdeck wave shield) at no charge, but doesn't call out 900099 (the lifting strakes).

Also, the builder will actually allow you to configure the build with both SPS and 900099 even though SPS will say N/A when you choose 900099 first.

Long story short, do I need to order 900099 or does the SPS come with all the lifting strakes I need?

Thanks in advance.

Trying to not mess up my order!

-Jason

The sps package already comes with what you need for a great ride. You don't want strakes on the outside of the outer toons as it won't bank in corners at all.

Strakes will give you more speed, but negate the banking in a turn.  So, you'd be negating what the SPS tries to accomplish.  Surprised Bennington even lets you do that...

What they said, no strakes on the outside.

Thanks again guys.

Getting really close, hoping to send in the order tomorrow afternoon!

Need to make sure I get this thing by mid-May...

Congrats hope you enjoy your new benny

Back