Questions before I order

Iowa1975

Reaction score
I am working on putting together my SX order and have a few questions.

1) The lake we will be using has a maximum length of 25 ft for a pontoon from the forward most point of the pontoon to the aft most point of the pontoon as measured prior to registration. The boat info sheet shows an LOA, a pontoon length and a deck length. Do I need to go with the LOA which is the longest which basically puts me at a maximum a of 23 ft boat?

2) We want to be able to pull tubers/skiers and lake has a maximum speed of 40 MPH. Is a 150 engine sufficient?

3) What do you recommend for flooring. Is the basic good, or would you upgrade.

Thanks!

Probably stuck at the 23’ as our 24’ is closer to 25’-26’ with the motor sticking out the back.
23’ with a 150 will do fine, I went for the 200 and would do it again. You can now bump to a 250, that would easily pass your 40mph limit. You’ll never buy horsepower for less money than when you purchase the boat. Just be reasonable to your budget!
We LOVE our sea grass flooring, no carpet for us!
Just my 2 cents!

150 with SPS is a great combination. No regrets!

I have a 2275 boat and I know for a fact that my boat measures 26' 10" from the forward most point to the furthest point back which includes the furthest point back of the motor in the down position.

Make sure your regulations say aft not furthest point back which I would think means the end of the transom and that it does not include the motor. Would hate to see you purchase and then have a problem

+1 on SPS, 150 due to your lake mps limit, and the sea grass flooring. All three of these options are worth the $, and get you what you said you are looking for out of your boat.

Back