R vs G

I may be wrong, but doesn't the R series have deeper seats? I think I remember being in my dealers show room and seeing the two side-by-side. There is a difference, but you have to determine if the difference is significant enough to upgrade. We did.

I may be wrong, but doesn't the R series have deeper seats? I think I remember being in my dealers show room and seeing the two side-by-side. There is a difference, but you have to determine if the difference is significant enough to upgrade. We did.
Yes, the back portion that you would use to recline at the end of the bench is wider with a fold down arm support. It is slightly more comfortable. It probably would not be the only reason to get the R. The only reason I went with the R is because I wanted the GBR or RBR in the 23 series and the GBR was not available.

We looked at the G and decided on the R to get the extra's. The Raised Helm was a biggie for us. Don't know if that comes standard on the G but if it not

you should seriously consider it as I think most on here would agree. We have never had a problem with anything blowing through the stern and really like

the visibility through the rails as compared to panels. One other thing you should do is get the biggest motor the boat is rated for or you can afford.

Bigger is Better :)

Each of us have different priorities concerning wants and needs.  I built a fully loaded G in 2012 and then went to the dealer.  Once I saw the R [leftover so got at a good price] I do believe that the furniture is an upgrade.  For me I will take comfort over many of the other things so at this point my only way to go would be the Q.  Now just need some help talking the wife into it

Last edited by a moderator:
Back