Radio died

Warndog

Reaction score
I'm a new owner. Last week my radio was working fine. Today it won't turn on. I removed the faceplate and blew on the connectors, but no luck. Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

Did you try to "reset' the breaker on the accessory switch ?

Check for a blown inline fuse. Should be on a red or yellow wire within a few inches of the head unit.

+ 1 for Maynard. Sorry Jack.    :p

If I remember right, there is also a fuse that plugs into the back of the stereo head unit itself.

I believe you are correct...a fuse on the back side, lower center.

Did you ever get a solution to this issue?  I am having the same problem, hit a huge rogue wave and the radio just died, my gps (its on the same accessory switch) still works but no radio.  I checked the 10 amp fuse on the back of the radio (sony m6) and it was fine.   I did not see an inline fuse anywhere.   

Check your harness on the radio itself. Mine has started to get a small amount of corrosion and I have to wiggle it. I need to clean the contacts and put some dielectric grease in it to see if that fixes it.

Wow, the boat is only a month old, did yours corrode that quick?

Did you ever get a solution to this issue?  I am having the same problem, hit a huge rogue wave and the radio just died, my gps (its on the same accessory switch) still works but no radio.  I checked the 10 amp fuse on the back of the radio (sony m6) and it was fine.   I did not see an inline fuse anywhere.   
Did you check the fuse by looking at it or by using a voltmeter or ohmmeter? I've been burned by just looking at a fuse before.  :wacko:

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, the boat is only a month old, did yours corrode that quick?
Mines a couple years old but depending how long it might have sat if water somehow got in the connector it's possible it might have, it's doubtful but wierder things have happened.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you check the fuse by looking at it or by using a voltmeter or ohmmeter? I've been burned by just looking at a fuse before.  :wacko:
I did the ole "just look at it" thing, but I will try swapping the fuse out.   I have a multimeter too that i can use to see if power is getting to the harness.  

Back