Repair Cover Snap Repair

slinkyredfoot

Reaction score
I have several snaps on my cover that are shot. I have searched but can't find and black snaps for the cover. Any ideas please? Thanks

Dealer  should have the snaps. If you're in warranty, it will be free.

A local canvas shop should also have the snaps.

Jack

Listen to CWag, if need to do it yourself there is a big difference between a cheap snap tool and a quality one

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a couple that the dealer will be doing this fall. One on my snap in carpet failed too.

Just because we be talking snaps,,, You all do go to the dollar store and purchase the cheap version of Chapstick,,,??? Hmm about every few months I apply just a little "Kiss" of the chapstick to the male side of the snap. Two years old no snap issues. And those snaps never get wind or sunburned either.

jus saying

Chapstick does work well as does a little candle wax.

Jack

This thread is very old but thought I would ask if anyone has found a good source for the male/screw parts of the snaps that are attached to the boat. I swear anytime my boat touches our dock, one of these snaps gets bent (and they do not snap if they have the slightest dent in the snap). Absolutely not the best design when the little snap is the first thing to hit! Anyway, I've been replacing them with some off of Amazon but wonder if there are better quality snaps through another company. And second question, are you just screwing the replacement snap in the same hole or are you using any kind of epoxy first?

Rick

This thread is very old but thought I would ask if anyone has found a good source for the male/screw parts of the snaps that are attached to the boat. I swear anytime my boat touches our dock, one of these snaps gets bent (and they do not snap if they have the slightest dent in the snap). Absolutely not the best design when the little snap is the first thing to hit! Anyway, I've been replacing them with some off of Amazon but wonder if there are better quality snaps through another company. And second question, are you just screwing the replacement snap in the same hole or are you using any kind of epoxy first?

Rick

+1

mine are the snaps on the bimini rail that keep coming loose

Thanks for the info about Rochford Supply.
As others have said, there are different grades of snaps. I have found that the local canvas shops usually use a better grade of snap and buy from them.

All stainless snaps and studs is the only way to go! Sailrite sells excellent stainless snaps. You need the good tool for installation!!

Maybe you could reach out to Tumics and ask for the snaps? They sent me a bag of maroon snaps when I ordered a new cover. I assume they have all the colors of snaps in stock
Todd

Back