Link

Reaction score
After seeing Shawn Talbot in the Northwest Territories I checked out his profile unfer "Members" and noticed again the "Reputation" on the right hand side. Can anyone explain what it means? I noticed TB has 4 reputations :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Good question. I have a 3 next to mine and have no idea what it means. :unsure:

Checked mine had a 0.So my guess is the higher the number means bad reputation.haha
I guess that makes me and TB "bad boys". B)

name='Team Bennington' timestamp='1309467805' post='2237']
Don't pay attention, boys. Any number above 0 is positive. 0 is neutral. The system automatically ranks you based on number of replies you receive to postings, any negative or positive feedback rankings from your forum buddies, and any unapproved posts.
biggrin.gif
TB

I found this post about "reputation" back in 2011. Hope this answers your questions................

Last edited by a moderator:
The reputation cache is part of the basic format used to create this forum and the Admins have the ability to disable it if they so choose. The term "reputation" is a bit of a misnomer, it has nothing to do with the credibility of a member, it's more of a "thumbs up, thumbs down" applied to individual posts via the red/green boxes in the lower right corner. If someone gives good advice to a question or posts a picture you like, you can show your approval by hitting the green button rather than adding a post to the thread.

The system works in some forums, not so much in others. In a car forum for example, someone might say Fords are the best...and they get a hundred negs from the Chevy guys. In forums that allow political discussion it's just a mess.

Good Answer Maynard, I gave you a reputation Thumbs Up

Back