RGB Lighting

ILLINOIS AVE

Reaction score
Could someone tell me what RGB lighting stands for or is? I see cup holders and speakers that come with RGB lighting .

Thanks !

Red ,Green, Blue 

I dont have optional lighting ,but I would guess it is selective .

I'm sure others that do have it will chime in 

RGB (red, green and blue) is designated as you can use these three colors to make millions of different colors. I think something like 16 million if I remember correctly.

Last edited by a moderator:
RGB (red, green and blue) is designated as you can use these three colors to make millions of different colors. I think something like 16 million if I remover correctly.

The light strips or led's have the three colored diodes (the primary colors). The led's are controlled by a special mixing control that is able to create the colors and even flashing modes. Really have come a long ways in the last couple of years. 

One color lighting is old school!

It's pretty cool, I have it.  You can change to maybe 18 different colors, select either one color or it rotate through all colors, speed and adjust the brightness.  There is a good u tube video on it.  Search for Bennington RGB pontoon lighting.

The RGB lighting is pricey, but it is very cool.  We tested it on a display boat, and ended up adding it to our boat.  Looking forward to playing around with it once we have our boat.

VikingStaff, nothing better than going out with fiends at night with the lights on, you wont be dissapointed

There's a shot of a couple of the colors it makes, I'm guessing it has about 16-18 different shades and colors it will change to.

First you have your auxiliary power button for whatever banks of RGB lights you got (cup holders, or interior floor, exterior along toons, etc...).

Once you turn power on to them, the RGB controller is basically a combination button/bob.  You push it for one color to come up, and then turn the bob to cycle through the different colors.  You can also tap it again to have it basically cycle through the color spectrum, etc...

No manufacturer indentification if I remember correctly from our 1 day with our boat so far...lol

Here is a YouTube video from a marina that goes over the 2017 Bennington RGB light controls. Obviously helm details will be different between differnt models in the line up, but I believe the actual controller is the same across the board.  Personally I think its amazingly cool. Not practical whatsoever, but very cool.  

2 hours ago, Vikingstaff said:

First you have your auxiliary power button for whatever banks of RGB lights you got (cup holders, or interior floor, exterior along toons, etc...).

Once you turn power on to them, the RGB controller is basically a combination button/bob.  You push it for one color to come up, and then turn the bob to cycle through the different colors.  You can also tap it again to have it basically cycle through the color spectrum, etc...

No manufacturer indentification if I remember correctly from our 1 day with our boat so far...lol

Here is a YouTube video from a marina that goes over the 2017 Bennington RGB light controls. Obviously helm details will be different between differnt models in the line up, but I believe the actual controller is the same across the board.  Personally I think its amazingly cool. Not practical whatsoever, but very cool.  

Practicality will come. Like when your out on the lake and call someone to bring you some Taco Bell. To locate you at night you tell them to look for the purple lights. When they think they found you you just flash them on and off or change to a different color. (I actually used my blue ones once to assist my brother in law to locate me on LOTO.) 

Back