Rode hard, put up wet.....

BubbaW

Reaction score
As a 6 month owner of a benny or any boat for that matter, I'm definetly a green horn and the following made my day but would be boring to most.

Had maintenance performed this past week and clean toons made me smile :) Taking toon to ramp last monday, wot had me at 5900rpm\29mph. A good pressure wash\acid wash had me going 5500rpm\42mph. Life was good for a moment in time, toon was wet and bug stains on my glasses. Just as quickly, toon was back in boat slip and cold wet rain is falling today....oh well, happy happy happy !

2577 RFi being pushed by a Yamaha F250, Mirage plus 18P prop

2577RFi.JPG2577RFi_2.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like you had fun.

Wow Bubba 13mph increase in wot, that would make me smile too.  What maintenance did they do?

What maintenance did they do?
Wanting to start with a clean slate if you will, We chose to change all filters, plugs, lower unit fluids, impeller....etc but I feel confident the pressure washing\acid wash of the heavy algae\crap buildup was the key to the mph increase. The pic above is about an hour before We took her to the ramp to launch her.

Are you going to be storing your boat out of the water in the future?

If not, a set of ScotchBrite pads and a few helpful hands can get off the crud in just a few minutes if you stay on top of it every couple of weeks.

I'm 50 miles upriver of you, and we keep our boats hanging on racks in boathouses.

Are you going to be storing your boat out of the water in the future?

If not, a set of ScotchBrite pads and a few helpful hands can get off the crud in just a few minutes if you stay on top of it every couple of weeks.
Seriously looking forward to applying more elbow grease and TLC to our benny. Having bought in mid sept, We got to spend only about 3 wks playing/working on her. Previous owners did not keep it covered much and spider/bug junk was all over her. With all the good suggestions by all you folks on here, she shined up real good after a number of hours and plenty of elbow grease. She will remain in water year round for now for a few personal reasons. The algae buildup should be less where our marina is vs where the previous owners kept it....pickwick state park marina, stagnant and minimal movement of water.

Once a year, my kids, their outlaws, in laws and cousins come up to visit and boat ride. Before launching, they all get a green scrubbie and I spray vinegar from a weed sprayer. In less than 30 minutes, the logs are much cleaner and brighter. Job is easy with 10 scrubbers impatient to get on the water!

That's great payment for a ride.

Back