Rub Rail Pays Off

ssc

Reaction score
Last week after a nice cruise, it was time to load the boat on the trailer. The wind had come up a bit. As I was loading, (and this happened once before) something catches on the front part of the trailer and causes the stern to swing to the port. Not a big deal, reverse and readjust and load on the trailer. On this occasion, the breeze helped with the swing to port as well. After Putting the boat in the garage and doing some clean-up, I noticed the port side trailer upright was bent at least 5 inches out and towards the bow. I tried to push it back and it wouldn't budge. I looked for any marks or dents on the boat and didn't see anything. I mentioned it to my cousin who was with me. He laughed and told me he saw the boat make contact with the upright and move it.

Now it was my time to be impressed. That's one heavy sturdy boat to move that steel upright and the rub rail did a great job. Hence, I highly recommend to anyone to invest in the optional rub rail.

Cheers, Steve

It's always nice to hear when equipment does it's job. Glad your boat was not damaged, i have a couple of small dings that a rub rail would have prevented. Maybe i should put it on my to do list!

The rub rail is an option?!?

Indeed it is. I remember when I ordered the boat. The salesman and I talked about it. It wasn't much, but as he said, " It is worth the price."

Very true. My cousin pulled the upright and took it to a local welding shop. It is good as new. I'm ready for round two. :D

Cheers, Steve

I ordered it on both of my boats. No brainer in my mind. Glad to hear the boat is ok!

Wish I could add it to my boat. I put a nice little dent in the side of mine during a pretty minor docking mishap last month.

Wish I could add it to my boat. I put a nice little dent in the side of mine during a pretty minor docking mishap last month.
They can be added.

For some reason I thought I read that it had to be done at the factory. Anyone know roughly what that costs to add yourself? 

bcpnick, not sure of aftermarket but took a quick look at a 22' S series and the option cost was $236, seems like it would be a worthwhile addition 

Last edited by a moderator:
Back