s model question

Under deck wave shield.. Privacy curtain and frame. Teak table upgrade. Custom wheel upgrade with tilt. . It's a little more rich feeling and a little more function as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
My boat also has the same issue. It's labeled a 24SSL but all of the paperwork says SSLX. Hasn't bothered me a bit, but it's something I noticed.

Hello All !

New to the forum and just want to say that y'all are a wealth of information. Thanks!

We're in the process of "trying" to decide on the right Bennigton for our retirement years. Very limited budget so we're thinking the 20SL(M?) with a 70hp Yamaha, 25" tubes, helm recliner (G), and (dealer suggestions)....battery switch, rough water package, and heavy duty rub rail.

We've been trying to get some info on whether or not the "M" version is an extra charge and also I think I read somewhere that the "X" was so popular that they've basically combined the SL and SLX.

Any advice or input is very much appreciated and I am aware that if and when we purchase...pictures are a must.

Thanks
The M adds some bow room.

Thanks for the info.

I've been checking a little more and have found out that the "SL and SLX mix up" came about in 2012 when Bennington was playing with the idea of offering the SL only and it would have the "X" rails (outside) as standard equipment because of the popularity...and give a credit for the rails inside the panels.

This apparently caused some confusion so they went back to the SL and SLX.

I believe the only ($495) difference between the two is the rails being on the outside of the panels on the SLX.

Totally confused??...so was I.

The SLMX is a Michigan model and the playpen is set back about 6" giving more room at the bow (as mentioned by "lakeliving"). There is no extra charge for the "M" configuration.

Thanks again for the input. We may be ordering our SLMX tomorrow.

We were out in our 20 SL over the week-end and our friend was looking at the pontoon and said how much more upgraded and streamlined it looked compared to all the other pontoons on the water that had the rails on the outside. Until he said something I never even noticed the difference but after he mentioned it I really noticed it. Frankly I favor the rails on the inside.

Back