Sacrificial Anode Advice

cyanarella

Reaction score
I am putting my boat in the salt this weekend for a week. I want to hang a sacrificial anode (see the link below) off the back near the prop. 

What metal should I get and what should I attach it to?

Am I over thinking this? Should I just put it in and enjoy it and stop worrying?

Do theyt all have them or just the salt water series?  If so where are they located

I think every boat has one, I have the saltwater package which added another bracket to the starboard toon and another anode is there. Your outboard will have a couple as well.  

I think every boat has one, I have the saltwater package which added another bracket to the starboard toon and another anode is there. Your outboard will have a couple as well.
Thanks Lakeliving, I will try to remember this weekend to look

You can see the additional bracket in my profile pic. The anode is on the inside bottom of the bracket.

Think I see it, didn't notice before because I thought that was your jeep

Sorry, photos of the boat, each outer toon has a bracket at the end, each holds an anode.

Mine has a bracket on the back of each outside toon that the zincs bolt to. Also one one the motor.

I am putting my boat in the salt this weekend for a week. I want to hang a sacrificial anode (see the link below) off the back near the prop. 

What metal should I get and what should I attach it to?

Am I over thinking this? Should I just put it in and enjoy it and stop worrying?
Depends. If I were docking near other boats at a marina & such, I'd probably use anodes (in case of stray electric currents). 

Other than that, good washdown afterwards. Just remember, if you have carpeted bunks, to try to get it off asap. 

I am not experienced w/salt water use,

but I would think you would want to take it for a ride in fresh water as soon as possible afterwards to flush out your keels, lifting strakes etc.

Back