Sea Gull Deterants

Reaction score
GREETINGS ALL!

NEW 23 SXP FAST BACK OWNER - LOVE THE BOAT - I ADDED 2 8 FOOT "BIRD SPIDERS" TO TRY TO ENCOURAGE THE SEA GULLS TO "MOVE ON DOWN THE LAKE" - MY PROBLEM - I CANNOT KEEP THEIR 6 POUND SANDBAGS BALANCED ON TOP, IN THE CENTER OF THE COVER - WHAT SOLUTIONS DO YOU USE FOR THIS PROBLEM?!! YOUR COMMENTS WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED !

SEMPERFI8387

Reaction score

SEMPERFI8387

Reaction score
Oh sorry, we have them mounted to Bimini. I misread your question. Try a string line tied from front vent to Bimini or a line strung between the Bimini side poles, with some metal bird tape tied to it or a couple big yellow bird deterrent balloons. They don’t like the movement or shiny tape.

https://www.westmarine.com/bird-repellent

BigKahuna

Reaction score
I hung silver foil pie plates from the bimini top. They moved around in the breeze/wind and scared the birds away.....

SEMPERFI8387

Reaction score
I hung silver foil pie plates from the bimini top. They moved around in the breeze/wind and scared the birds away.....
Yeah, old cd’s work too. Ashame AOL still isn’t mailing them, you could start a business selling cd bird deterrents and never spend money on cd’s... :D

Dev75

Reaction score
NYS Finger Lakes Region - Skaneateles Lake
I grabbed some parachute chord and reflective bird tape. I put clips on ends and tied strips about every foot on the chord. I run 2 chords from the hooks on front of boat to bimini and 2 from back to bimini. This has worked well for us and total cost about $10.

PonTuna Salad

Reaction score
Had a couple of those owls on our dock. No bird problems except the occasional crane that would sit looking for fish.