seat locks???

Toughest thing is, a trail cam is no good if they steal it too! Hehe
Yep ,and I don't know the marina well enough yet to think of a hiding place .

Will most likely just have to rely on the Marinas security system .

Semper...Carlos Hathcock went to high school with my older brother. For those that don't know the name, he is the one the book "One shot, one kill" is about.

Theft is often a big crime of opportunity. I was a cop for 28 yrs and I can't tell you how many times I would get a call for a theft from auto and come to find out that their valuables were left in plain site.........GPS still attached to the windshield, cell phones left on the dash, laptops left on the front seat. etc............I know you're trying to deter them or make it harder for them but it's true what Derrick said..........lock or no lock if they want it............... THEY ARE GOING TO TAKE IT ANYWAY! I've seen them rip out the whole dash for a CD player or better yet for the air bags and even had cases where they cut the catalytic converter out from the car for the platinum that it contains...............Take your valuables with you!................

Yup, I remember my brother's car got broken into, they used a pry bar to open the glove box a wrecked the dash, worst thing was, it wasn't locked.

Last edited by a moderator:
Those are great options .

I have questions though,

If you shut down your batteries ,you would need a separate one for the security system . .

Is there a timer on the alarm ?

It states that it has a " quarter mile range "

I am 7 miles from the marina and I don't think people in the area would be happy listening to it until I got there .

Last edited by a moderator:
They do have ones that will send you a text or call your phone, you would need it connected to your battery, They typically state the parasitic draw. Or, if you have shore power, you could hook it up to an inverter.

I have shore power ,but they can cut the cord or just unplug it ,

Don't know if they off any type of notification option .

I may just go with the $25 GE . Worst that can happen is they throw it overboard .

At least I made an effort to try .Insurance co can't fault me for that .

And that would be included in the list of items missing .

Those are great options .

I have questions though,

If you shut down your batteries ,you would need a separate on for the security system . I'd use a mower battery backup

Is there a timer on the alarm ? Don't know

It states that it has a " quarter mile range "

I am 7 miles from the marina and I don't think people in the area would be happy listening to it until I got there . What if you have a house alarm, and you are away, I'd rather have pissed neighbor than a trashed boat (I'll buy the neighbor a case of beer, or bottle if Derrick)

Back