Sharkhide application from Bennington and 7 year warranty

Powerwashing is fine but not acid wash, it'll take the Sharkhide off. Go here http://sharkhide.com and you'll get your questions answered. Ask for Clint, he's the guru.

Last edited by a moderator:
I personally apply Tidy Bowl to the pontoons at the end of each season. Then pressure wash and re-apply Sharkskin in the spring or if weather isn't bad in the fall after cleaning. They are beaming when I get finished. We have boaters come up to us all the time and say how did you get them so shiny.

Have you got any pics?

NhXkZmgLqpfi37ygZGHrBtEYo1_500-1.jpg
Derrick, does this help?

haha, dumbasses, I meant the toons!!

Well played though.

I personally apply Tidy Bowl to the pontoons at the end of each season. Then pressure wash and re-apply Sharkskin in the spring or if weather isn't bad in the fall after cleaning. They are beaming when I get finished. We have boaters come up to us all the time and say how did you get them so shiny.
I take it that the Sharkhyde doesn't prevent the toons from getting fouled, and so you need to apply tidy bowl either before or after the season?

I take it that the Sharkhyde doesn't prevent the toons from getting fouled, and so you need to apply tidy bowl either before or after the season?
The sharkhide prevents discoloration of toons from oxidation, it DOES NOT stop growth of algae and such, but it makes it easier to clean off.

Kind of like waxing a car....... puts a protective layer between the surface and elements.

http://sharkhide.com/mpfaq.html

Q: What products will harm my SHARKHIDE finish?

A: Any petroleum based product like gasoline, solvents, thinners, or any other product's that contain petroleum's, such as waxes and polish's. Also some acid's

and certain cleaners. Since it's absolutely impossible to test all product's for their effects on SHARKHIDE, don't apply anything other than a mild soap

solution and you shouldn't have any problems.

What does a dealer typically charge to apply this on a tri-toon? Also, I have some decent scratches on mine from the previous owner. Do those need to be sanded out first? Do dealers typically work on such things?

So starting from scratch like I am....do you use all three of their products: the cleaner, polisher and protectant?

What does a dealer typically charge to apply this on a tri-toon? Also, I have some decent scratches on mine from the previous owner. Do those need to be sanded out first? Do dealers typically work on such things?
All of that depends on the dealer. Each has a shop rate and the Sharkhide treatment is mostly labor. It is the last step so any cleaning and scratch repair is all prep work which they need to charge for too.

Back