Sharkhide Protectant

Capman

Reaction score
Can anyone share their experiences, good or bad, on the Sharkhide Protectant option? I have placed my order for my new boat and my dealer instructed me not to get it. I just want to make sure I’m not sorry I did by having stained toons 3 months after my purchase. The boat will be trailered to the water and only stay in the water overnight a couple weeks out the year. The remainder of the time it will be stored indoors. Thanks for any information you can provide.

Well, my dealer talked me out of it too and I ended up putting it on after I took delivery. If you're going to have it put on it's best to let the factory do it as it's easier to get to the interior areas. It's not perfect but I do think it helps protect the tubes from looking cruddy. For the way you plan on using your Benny I think the Sharkhide will certainly help keeping them looking like new.

Thanks for you input Randy!

I agree with Randy. We have sharkhide on ours - from the factory. It’s held up decently through two summers. It will rube off over time, so it is what it is. However, while on, it does a nice job of keeping the crud from building up on the boat. Just wipe the toons down every now and then and they look pretty darn nice over time. If you are picky about things, you’ll likely wish you had it. If you are not too worried about shinny pontoons, then probably a wasted cost.

I bought my boat off the dealers lot. They dont order them with Sharkhide from the factory so I had t take it the way it sat. After a few months of untreated toons in the water they began to stain and not look very good.

I had my detailer apply the Sharkhide and it made a HUGE difference. As some have said it does rub off in spots where it rubs against the dock and the fender. It still looks better then without it by far.

First picture is after Sharkhide was applied. 2nd was before.

You be the judge of what looks best

sharhide 2.jpg BENNY FROM THE WATER 1.jpg

I agree with Randy. We have sharkhide on ours - from the factory. It’s held up decently through two summers. It will rube off over time, so it is what it is. However, while on, it does a nice job of keeping the crud from building up on the boat. Just wipe the toons down every now and then and they look pretty darn nice over time. If you are picky about things, you’ll likely wish you had it. If you are not too worried about shinny pontoons, then probably a wasted cost.
Thanks Vikingstaff!

I bought my boat off the dealers lot. They dont order them with Sharkhide from the factory so I had t take it the way it sat. After a few months of untreated toons in the water they began to stain and not look very good.

I had my detailer apply the Sharkhide and it made a HUGE difference. As some have said it does rub off in spots where it rubs against the dock and the fender. It still looks better then without it by far.

First picture is after Sharkhide was applied. 2nd was before.

You be the judge of what looks best

View attachment 24147 View attachment 24148
Thanks RodEarl74. The Sharkhide makes a noticeable difference.

Yes to Sharkhide ! Drove a County Highway truck in some harsh winters with a lot of salt. My truck had a Stainless Steel box that I applied Sharkhide to, all I had to do at the end of a storm was hose off the salt and road dirt. Actually lasted about 4 years. Love that truck ! If it only would have floated !

Yes ,and I get mine reapplied every other year

Yes to Sharkhide ! Drove a County Highway truck in some harsh winters with a lot of salt. My truck had a Stainless Steel box that I applied Sharkhide to, all I had to do at the end of a storm was hose off the salt and road dirt. Actually lasted about 4 years. Love that truck ! If it only would have floated !
Thanks Illinois Ave. I think everyone has talked me into it. Going to add it to the build if it’s not too late. Thanks again!

I am a firm believer of Sharkhide. Especially after what happened last year. We were dealing with a fuel pump issue and I just didn't have the time to apply Sharkhide after having it power washed and acidwashed at the end of the previous season. We put the boat in the water without applying it. We keep our boat in the water and we immediately noticed that it was harder to wipe away the crap that accumulates on the waterline. We usually take sponges and clean the waterline when anchored. By the end of the season it looked like crap. So when I get my boat out of storage this year I'll be sure to apply 2 or 3 coats before putting it in.

Going on Year 3 and my toons look new from water line up. Best $200 I spent!

Thanks Illinois Ave. I think everyone has talked me into it. Going to add it to the build if it’s not too late. Thanks again!
Capman, Sells for about $60.00 a quart, and it's not hard to apply at all. Google Sharkhide and call the guy, I've talked to a few times nice guy !

Capman, Sells for about $60.00 a quart, and it's not hard to apply at all. Google Sharkhide and call the guy, I've talked to a few times nice guy !
Awesome. Thanks

Yup just use a cloth diaper or any rag or cloth that is lint free and apply.

Back