Sharkhide Protectant

My previous G had sharkhide and it offered no protection below the waterline.
Good to know 1Trotter. Thanks for the feedback.

Since mine is kept in the water all season . I wipe down the tubes once a week at the sand bar . Shark hide makes it a easier to wipe the slime off . I have a friend who does not apply Shark Hide to his ,and there is a difference

Since mine is kept in the water all season . I wipe down the tubes once a week at the sand bar . Shark hide makes it a easier to wipe the slime off . I have a friend who does not apply Shark Hide to his ,and there is a difference
Thanks for the input Jack M.

After polishing the tubes on my 2019 22SSRXP with SPS package, I applied tw20190207_144157.jpg 20190207_144214.jpg 20190208_151550.jpg 20190208_151600.jpg 20190208_151658.jpg o coats of sharkhide about 24 hours between coats. 1 quart of sharkhide ($70.00 on Amazon) and 10pk of Gerber flat fold diapers with birdseye weave as suggested by sharkhide,($14.00 on Amazon) after both coats I still have a little bit left in the quart and I did all 3 tubes front to back. Each coat took me about 1/2 hour to apply. If I have to do it every year....its worth the $84.00 and an hour of my time.

Wow! Those look incredible Secarter6! In pic 3 and 4 it looks like your tubes were a little dingy, but not bad. What chemical did you use to get the initial shine and did you use the buffer in the photo? What brand and model is your buffer as I need to get a good one. Did you Benny come with the Sharkhide from the factory or was this the first application that you did yourself? Any info on details to share would be appreciated! Thank you very much for responding to my thread.

Dewalt 849X variable speed polished with Zephyr brand yellow polishing wheels and TR-2 Brown tripoli rouge for initial cutting, followed by DA polisher applied Zephyr Pro-32 Z Creme Cherry wax, then a hand wash with warm water and dawn dish soap. After everything has thoroughly dried, simply apply sharkhide per instructions. The sharkhide dulls the finish just a little but will still be much more glossy that the original look. FYI, the initial cutting it labor intensive, but worth it. My boat did not come with sharkhide, however, sharkhide can be removed with lacquer thinner. My polish job and sharkhide application was done on my brand new 2019 Bennington before it was ever put in the water. If yours has any pitting or anything like that, some sanding may be required to achieve the results you desire.

Wow, great job with the toons! Over the years several people have commented about how much work it was to polish their toons. While I'd love for mine to look that way, reality says otherwise.

Dewalt 849X variable speed polished with Zephyr brand yellow polishing wheels and TR-2 Brown tripoli rouge for initial cutting, followed by DA polisher applied Zephyr Pro-32 Z Creme Cherry wax, then a hand wash with warm water and dawn dish soap. After everything has thoroughly dried, simply apply sharkhide per instructions. The sharkhide dulls the finish just a little but will still be much more glossy that the original look. FYI, the initial cutting it labor intensive, but worth it. My boat did not come with sharkhide, however, sharkhide can be removed with lacquer thinner. My polish job and sharkhide application was done on my brand new 2019 Bennington before it was ever put in the water. If yours has any pitting or anything like that, some sanding may be required to achieve the results you desire.
Thanks again for all the information Secarter6.

Toons are looking great. I plan on polishing mine now that I have found a local source for ceramic pro. I was told 300 to 400 if I had it prepped and that I should expect 5 to 10 years of protection all depending on how much it is left in the water as opposed to on a trailer or lift. He will polish at a rate of $50 an hour if I don’t get to it. I felt that was really fair especially considering any mechanic is $100+ an hour.

Back