Simtex Vinyl New for Bennington

Do you prefer the new Bennington Simtex interior fabric or the original soft touch vinyl?

• Simtex Fabric

Votes: 8 88.9%
  • Soft touch vinyl

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
The new fabric is on our 2017 RSB and we love it.  So far it's proven easy to clean and it's soft and has a nice look to it.  

Here is an interesting brochure on the new Simtex Vinyl that Bennington will be using going forward.  

This is a sticking point for me on placing a new order, however, reading it does make it interesting. 

I guess Im old school and like regular vinyl (with diamond stitch).  What is everyone's take on this new interior? 

View attachment 1558

Looks like regardless of brand you will have this vinyl so go with a Bennington! You won't regret it.

Great info Torchlaker, Thanks for posting!

But it looks cheap and like fabric !

I would have to disagree as I saw variances of it on multiple boats, some in the high 6 figure and 7 figure range at Annapolis. 

It looks "different" than your vinyl and that's purposeful. I didn't think it looked "cheap" at all?

Not having actually seen or felt the product, I would say that I'm intrigued by the brochure. However, not going to go PADS over it!

Give it time Michiman, give it time :rolleyes:

Give it time Michiman, give it time :rolleyes:

Yeah, I know what you're saying but I'm no match for Derrick! Previous boat lasted us ten years. 

We have the new Simtex vinyl on our new 25 QCW IO and it looks VERY nice, extremely comfortable (especially riding in the stern loungers), and have not had any problems cleaning it with just soap and water or 409. No major stains or accidents yet, knock on wood. It does not look cheap at all, but just the opposite. Very luxurious. Our friends have been very impressed with our new boat. In fact, I have made my 2 brother-in-laws a bit jealous, I think. They have a Playcraft and a Premier. No comparison to our new Benny. Next summer cannot come soon enough!!!

AEA41F9A-04DD-4ABE-8995-452D09E9BC3C.jpeg We like it, looks good and cleans up nicely.

Does not look "cheap" at all!!IMG_0533.PNG

Back