Ski/Tow bar vs Turbo swing

peeruwp

Reaction score
Primary use will be for tubing, some skiing ands wake boarding. I personally like the look and price of the ski tow bar as it can also act as a handle on the back aft. I understand the turbo swing is superior.

Thoughts or advice?

Hosstyle

Reaction score
I have a 21ft with a 115 Yammie. I love how easy it is to get the tube moving side to side with the Turbo Swing. With some practice you can really whip the tube with minimal steering. We don't ski or wakeboard behind so I cannot comment on that part

Vikingstaff

Reaction score
You should do a search on this topic in this forum. It is discussed a few times every year. Split opinions on which direction people prefer. If you do so, you’ll see lots of detailed opinions on each type of tow support. I’ve posted in a fair number of them on my thoughts on the Turbo swing as it is what we have and our preference for various reasons. That said, a good number of people have reasons they prefer a more traditional tow bar.

PartyBarge

Reaction score
You should do a search on this topic in this forum. It is discussed a few times every year. Split opinions on which direction people prefer. If you do so, you’ll see lots of detailed opinions on each type of tow support. I’ve posted in a fair number of them on my thoughts on the Turbo swing as it is what we have and our preference for various reasons. That said, a good number of people have reasons they prefer a more traditional tow bar.
+1 Makes a difference how big the inflatable is too (and how much weight will be on it). I've seen a number of ski bars that were strong enough, but what they were mounted to was not. That situation produces considerable bending and deformation to motor canoes. The better ski bars use diagonal braces to structure forward of the main mounting point. Yes, those without the braces are easier to mount, but the bending forces at the base can be an eye-opener.

Carlson80

Reaction score
You will not regret Turbo Swing. It works great for skiing and is rated for tubing and also works great. I personally will not order a boat with the built in ski pylon. I’m on my second Bennington with a Turbo Swing. I like how it also frees up space on your swim platform. My vote is Turbo Swing .

BulldogsCadillac

Just some guy
Reaction score
Loved my ski pylons, those things are STRONG!! The attachment points are impossible to fail, and based on how dang heavy it is, ain't no way it's getting bent either!

Link

Reaction score
On my R the pylon is hidden in the sun deck. Don’t see it until it is up.