Slip Width

I don’t know the width of a slip I had for one season but it was also a floating dock and really tight. I like how tight it was when docked. I walked it in more than not and couldn’t have bumpers down when pulling in but it seemed very secure when I had to force the round bumpers down between the boat and the dock.

short tight dock lines and easy to get all around the boat. I liked that the boat didn’t have enough room to move to slack a line and allow the boat to bang around.

Yup, fingers on both sides. I have a couple calls out to the marina to see what the deal is. My main concern is actually not getting it into the slip, it's really securing it with fenders and having room. I'll report back when i have more info. thanks.

You should be able to tie it off and not even need fenders. Using 4 ropes and having them set at the right length will keep the boat right in the middle and won't allow it to touch the sides.

You should be able to tie it off and not even need fenders. Using 4 ropes and having them set at the right length will keep the boat right in the middle and won't allow it to touch the sides.

Along those ”lines”, if you go in this direction, you might want to consider ZipDock. We got two a couple of years ago. If in a no wake area that doesn’t see big waves and wind, these things work great. They are super easy for tying down your boat, and quickly and easily tighting it. Depending on “how” you’d tie off, it might streamline the process.

ZipDock

So just wanted to post a follow-up to this, in case anybody else is looking for this information in the future. We ended up going with the 9'6" slip in our community and so far, so good. As I had noted earlier, it is decently protected and even if the water is choppy, it's pretty calm in the slips. I haven't had an issue with the fenders rolling up yet. My technique is to get about 1/3 of the boat in the slip, stop, wait, and depending on my alignment, either hop off and pull in, or put it back in gear and get it where it needs to be.

I've also added some smaller fenders that are attached to the dock, at the waterline to help guide me in.

At rest, you can see there is plenty of room on both sides for the fenders. Also, after talking with some of the others at the marina....there are a bunch of 8'-6" toons in 9'-0" slips!

Attachments

• IMG_0812.jpg
    IMG_0812.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 45
So just wanted to post a follow-up to this, in case anybody else is looking for this information in the future. We ended up going with the 9'6" slip in our community and so far, so good. As I had noted earlier, it is decently protected and even if the water is choppy, it's pretty calm in the slips. I haven't had an issue with the fenders rolling up yet. My technique is to get about 1/3 of the boat in the slip, stop, wait, and depending on my alignment, either hop off and pull in, or put it back in gear and get it where it needs to be.

I've also added some smaller fenders that are attached to the dock, at the waterline to help guide me in.

At rest, you can see there is plenty of room on both sides for the fenders. Also, after talking with some of the others at the marina....there are a bunch of 8'-6" toons in 9'-0" slips!
That's plenty of room Ranger. Nice job! My wife slowly approaches our slip and I hop off and walk it in. Done it a million times. (Well not quite a million) I'm sure you have learned that if you tie off correctly the sides of the boat/fenders never make contact with the dock. The bumpers are actually there for insurance......

Back