So this happened yesterday...

goldnrod24

Reaction score
I'm no Derrick, but I certainly ought to be using it more than I am. 100 hours and I am at the mid-way point of my 3rd season.

I thought retirement would be easier than this!

IMG_0595.JPG

Darn! Maybe you can leave it running in the garage (with the door open, of course)... ;)

You’ve got me beat, just turned 140 on vacation and this is our 4th full season!! This work thing is way overrated! :)

Ours is 12 years old and is real close to 300 hrs.

335F331A-D2AE-46F0-97E2-8874B805B758.jpeg 129 hours midway of my 2nd season! Using the the heck out of it and I still have 9 vacations days and all weekends the rest of the summer. Should be near 200 hours after year 2.

You make me feel better about putting only 60 hours in 1 year of use on my first Benny (which was my first boat).

I'm no Derrick, but I certainly ought to be using it more than I am. 100 hours and I am at the mid-way point of my 3rd season.

View attachment 22926

It is all in how you look at it. On average I figure, 3 hours on the boat for every hour on the motor and that is probably conservative. That would put you at 400 hours on the boat which is pretty darn good !

we have over 30 hours in 2 months of use! Well on our way to 100+ this season

Randy, maybe you just need more practice at “being retired” and thus freeing up boating time? However, you are also a fellow Michigander, so there are only so many opportunities to do it unless you live lakeside. :(

Just set your goal to be 200 hours by the end of your 4th season. ;)

I don't want to give the wrong impression. We use our boat days at a time, but the ratio of sitting/floating to running is about 10/1.

That is a lot of hours on a boat! Hours on the motor is not the right metric. It hours of fun on the boat where the memories are made!

Our average is 50 hrs per season . Unfortunately 40 minutes in either direction to Burt lake or Mullett lake from our marina is all no wake

We average 80 hrs. a year on our Bennington and 45 hrs. on each of our jet skis. Lots of hours of fun.

I have no idea how many hrs. we have on our Benny. No hour meter for some reason. I'll have our mechanic check this fall when I have him winterize it.......

Will have to notice next time out but also fairly low. Like GoldenRod when out we are usually rafted up or beached

We are on a small 400 acre lake so never traveling very fast. Have only averaged around 25 hours a season.

Our average is 50 hrs per season . Unfortunately 40 minutes in either direction to Burt lake or Mullett lake from our marina is all no wake
Jack how close to The Landings are you? We frequently stay there with a bunch of other boaters when we do our annual fall color tour. Love the Inland Waterway! We also have some friends that own three small cabins in a row right before Burt Lake.

Very close. If you head south from the landings at marker 58 there is a channel ,our marina is down that channel .
We go to Burt most of the time . We did take a ride out to Aloha State park last week to visit friends that were camping

Motor run time is not a good estimate of boat usage. It takes me 15 minutes to get to where we usually raft up with friends for 4-5 hours. Motor runs a 1/2 hour a day but float time is waaayyyy higher!

Back