Soft cover suggestions?

Beerbarge

Reaction score
I'm looking for a light weight dust/overnight cover we can put on our 25 RCW I/O, any suggestions would be appreciated. 

We have a snap cover and its a PITA especially in the dark by the dick with all the spiders lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Gotta watch what those spiders bite ....  :lol:

I'll tell you, I can't recommend anything other than if you had the quick clips. First couple uses I wasn't fond of it. Dealer told me the trick to popping clips and I would never go back. Maybe look at having clips installed in yours, or getting a new one with clips. It still snaps around the bow, but it's easy peazy around sides and stern. 

Welcome to the forum! This type of question comes up several times a year. You'll be able to find multiple threads on the thoughts of people. As everything goes,it will come down to your preference, 

We have both the full mooring cover and individual seat covers. When we come in late at night and there's no rain in the forecast,I throw the individual covers on seats and helm. This saves me 10 min..Others just drape the full cover and don't snap or clip .

And I see Semp beat me to the punch,he couldn't resist the misspell. :p  

Buy an old parachute at an Army/Navy surplus.

Posted before but for those nights I don't want to cover but want to protect my electronics; I bought this truck bed cover at Home Depot.  Comes with the elastic cords with clips so you can secure it pretty tight without worrying it will blow off

gallery_936_388_543168.jpg

gallery_936_388_89070.jpg

Many thanks guys! Yes my previous boat had the quick clips and they are way better than snaps for sure. 

I like the seat cover idea that would make life a lot easier for sure. 

Thanks again!

Gotta watch what those spiders bite ....  :lol:

I'll tell you, I can't recommend anything other than if you had the quick clips. First couple uses I wasn't fond of it. Dealer told me the trick to popping clips and I would never go back. Maybe look at having clips installed in yours, or getting a new one with clips. It still snaps around the bow, but it's easy peazy around sides and stern. 

Semperfi can you explain the " trick to popping clips" on the cover.

Semperfi can you explain the " trick to popping clips" on the cover.

Take your thumb and forefinger and grasp the edge of the plastic near the rivet (to the left or right end) and pull down so it's pulling at the corner of the clip. Don't grab the middle and pull down. Just toward the end. Make sure the poles are removed so the tension is released from the top. I can pop the clips as quick as I can grab them. I can't believe how easy it is compared to the first times I tried it by pulling on middle and trying to unhook them. 

I'll try to remember to do a video tomorrow and post it for the new owners. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you!

Take your thumb and forefinger and grasp the edge of the plastic near the rivet (to the left or right end) and pull down so it's pulling at the corner of the clip. Don't grab the middle and pull down. Just toward the end. Make sure the poles are removed so the tension is released from the top. I can pop the clips as quick as I can grab them. I can't believe how easy it is compared to the first times I tried it by pulling on middle and trying to unhook them. 

I'll try to remember to do a video tomorrow and post it for the new owners. 

Back