Some fourm changes

G

Geewest

I have a suggestion for this sight that I think could make it much better!

#1 the constant repeating of information makes the website LAME. Example, the REPLY button should be completely removed from the list of options. Why do we need to see the same text posted over and over again just because you chose to hit the "Reply" button. Copying and repaisteing some ones text just makes the threads longer for and more bothersome for moble users like myself. If someone feels the Need to replete someone's words they can use the "quote" option.

#2 if mods could delete useless posts from threads and users could use the PM function to Cary on a conversation it would make the topics shorter and on point. I was just part of 2 threads where they turned off topic and just stupid that made me think "my time here is comming to a end"

I figured I would say somthing and see if it can make a change.

So the other day I ... Just kidding. I think the issue is some of us are gabbers, see something in a photo posted etc. and get off on a tangent. I'll remember in the future to keep it to the point for you.

Well let me be one of the first to apologize Gee. I know I have a habit of "running" with an off hand remark pretty often, I assure you it is never meant to lessen the value of this message board. I do enjoy the ability to joke around with the folks on here, yourself included. I would hate to think that any of MY actions would cause you to terminate your interest in this forum. Who else is going to provide us with stunning pictures of far off lands? I do however also believe that part of what makes this forum work is part of the joking around with each other. I have no problems being the pun of many people's jokes in regards to snow, winter, and my 3 week boating season. It would be interesting if there were a live 'chatroom' to maybe help alleviate some of our stupidness, and to save everyone from that picture Semp posted. I am also on a mobile device, and because of that, sometimes it "quotes" twice because I click it and nothing happens and I click it again. Sorry if that causes you trouble. Derrick

Cabin fever. In a few weeks, people will be out on their boats and it will die down just like last summer.

Glad you posted though. I was thinking to myself yesterday that I could not keep up with all the posts much longer.

2 examples of my "Rant" some how the "Smoken Hot" thread turned into Borat's Lime Green Man-Kinni. This IMO is a job that the Mod's. they need to clean stuff like this up. Keep the website fun and informative and not litterd with personal jokes and conversations.

Then when you add the re-positing of conversations that have nothing to do with the original topic the website becomes lame and people go else where. #2 was the 2013 boating season thread. Where some how a photo of cartoon Moose needed to be posted not once but twice. I saw this as a dumb way to start a what other wise could be the start of a cool year long picture thread. Mabey im way of base And please tell me if I am. I just thought I would say somthing.

Many sites have a "DELETE" option where the user can opt to delete their post. The user who initially started the thread can also delete the entire thread if they choose. The delete option is a must for sites with a Marketplace Buy / Sell section. My 2 cents.

Gee, personally your comments seem quite irritating ... JUST KIDDING !!!! :p

I am with Derrick as trying to keep it lively and apologize as I am guilty of going off course on some threads.

I will try to keep from doing this in the future.

Even though they do go off course, I find myself starting or ending each day with a laugh.

Oh yeah, like Derrick said, you can't leave, you have the most awesome pics of where you boat !!!! :)

Edit: I cleaned up the "Smoking Hot" thread to remove the clutter

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude, chill!! It's all about getting good information and having fun while you do it. Sometimes people post things that are annoying or stupid, but sometimes they are very entertaining. It's like everything else in life, you have to take the good with the bad. Every forum I am on has the same type of atmosphere, that's what makes them fun:)

Well let me be one of the first to apologize Gee. I know I have a habit of "running" with an off hand remark pretty often, I assure you it is never meant to lessen the value of this message board. I do enjoy the ability to joke around with the folks on here, yourself included. I would hate to think that any of MY actions would cause you to terminate your interest in this forum. Who else is going to provide us with stunning pictures of far off lands? I do however also believe that part of what makes this forum work is part of the joking around with each other. I have no problems being the pun of many people's jokes in regards to snow, winter, and my 3 week boating season. It would be interesting if there were a live 'chatroom' to maybe help alleviate some of our stupidness, and to save everyone from that picture Semp posted. I am also on a mobile device, and because of that, sometimes it "quotes" twice because I click it and nothing happens and I click it again. Sorry if that causes you trouble. Derrick
ECHO /endquote

Geewest, i can appreciate your feelings for the Tech, Helpful hints, props and power, etc. sections. But i feel the Dock Talk and regional sections should be free for those who wish to carry on a conversation, share a funny picture or joke. (clean jokes please)

As for the mods "cleaning up" posts, well, we are not the gestapo, we do clean up the inappropriate posts. But I feel the members should be free to post what they want to talk about. That is what makes the forum fun and personal for these folks. It was created for Bennington owners to interact with one another, not be just a dry, impersonal tech forum.

There has to be give and take here, and as with anything in life, one size does not fit all. I hope you continue to find our

forum useful and entertaining, and continue to contribute and participate.

Sorry for the rant, i hope i have spoken in the best interest of all. :wacko:

Very well said.

Sorry If I came of curt or short, I'm not irritated by any means other then to just say something to Try and make the place better. I agree with everyone comments above. This place is about being social and having a good time. That last thing I would want to do is hinder or make some one think twice about having a good time. I'm part of a few other forums. I have seen some places go down hill quick. With just a few tweaks and some housekeeping great forums become a self monitoring machine. Every thread has room for good conversation. But the thing that makes a great forum is the ability to get information with out clutter. And the ability to share info and make social connections. I look forward being part of this community and always trying to

I like the BS. It's kind of fun to read. The only thing I would say is keep the comment on the original topic. Wit some latitude, of course.

Okay, ok, I get it, no more stories about my childhood! Straight and narrow, that's me from now on! Answer the question, then ferme la bouché!

And we eat American fries. :D

We also drink soda, not pop.

We are getting off topic on the thread that is about getting off topic. Get it together guys! Your ruining this forum :p

BAHAHAHAHAHA

Back