Sony Radio

minxer56

Reaction score
Has anyone had any luck adding Sirius XM to their factory installed Sony radio, and if so, how to do it and how did it work out?

Need some assistance, dealer not quite up to speed.

Factory at sony is useless

I have a portable Sirius ,it plays through an unused radio station . There are 10 pre selected on the unit .I think I use 88.9 .

I plug ours in the aux. jack on the front, select aux for input, works great!

Woops, forgot to mention that you have to use the portable Sirrius base, iirc.

Last edited by a moderator:
I play Pandora and my Itunes using a cable because I don't have the Bluetooth option

One more possibility is. If you already have a Sirius subscription and an Iphone you can get the Sirius app I believe its $2.99 a month  .Then play Blue tooth or,hardwired .Dont know  if it would work in the "tune tray "  ( signal ? )

Has anyone had any luck adding Sirius XM to their factory installed Sony radio, and if so, how to do it and how did it work out?

Need some assistance, dealer not quite up to speed.

Factory at sony is useless
What model # is your current radio?

This is answer isn't going to help but thought I'd mention that my boat came with Sirius/XM radio already installed and I love it.  I already had it in my car but to have it in the boat is so nice.  The best part about it is that it's free (to me).  The prior owner already had it and it must be one of things that the subscription stays forever because I've had it 3 summers now and it's still all working.

Back in 2005 ,I tried  XM ,didn't care for it .Pre programmed ,too many repeats .

Sirius came along ,I cancelled the XM .I got a lifetime Sirius Subscription in the  fall of 05 for $275.00 ,one time payment .

2007 ,Sirius and XM decide to merge .Programming ( in my opinion ) has went to the XM style some what as far a pre programmed and repeats .

Yeah but anyone who has owned a boat knows that the FM antennas they install in those things are garbage....at least with satellite radio you don't ever have to worry about bad reception. 

Last year on my SLX ,the antenna was wound up and tied with a zip tie . I unwound it spread it out as much as I could .It helped some 

I could make some mix tapes of me singing and send them out...probably keep the birds away at least.

Haven't heard tapes in a long time.

I remember when my dad got me a cassette adapter for the 8 track player in my truck. That was the coolest gadget ever.

25 years later oh how things have changed.

Still have that truck

I remember having 45 record player in my car in high school. That thing was huge hanging under the dash.

Then, back in the 1970's you could purchase that Kraco 8 track from Kmart, and dont forget to include the "slide out" copper strip unit that went under the dash, so the unit could come out of the vehicle at night,,, Hmm, I am wondering If I could use that same set up with a current day,,,, Oh never mind.

Yup, that was a problem, but hey, I also had reverb.     :D

I still have all my 45's ,8 tracks and lp's   :D .( some 4 tracks too ) 

Heck, we were playing 78's until we were pretty big kids and 33 1/3 rpm records came into play.  Stereo came around 1961.  I'd play an 8 track when in college, and we'd listen to some of those tapes (Blood Sweat and Tears) twice going home for the weekend.

I'm a radio kind'a guy.  After traveling far and wide, I know where most of the AM and FM stations are on the dial.  I think I have one Garth Brooks CD and that's about it.  As I got older, it's talk radio most of the time--or Grand Ole Opry type blue grass music.

Back