Sony Stereo Radio With Mega Bass Feature-Sounds Incredible!

I have a GEM car (golf cart) and these subs are going in the golf cart (more of a test mule project)I'm powering them with a 400 watt wetsounds amp. I'm going to build a small enclosure under the seats for each sub. My point in telling you this is by the time I get them installed I'm not sure my test results are going to be relevant to a pontoon. My point is I'm sure they are gonna rock, just not sure what they will sound like in a pontoon boat not using a box ect.

Wow, that is a ridiculously awesome cart! 

Installed and rocking it right now. Sounds real good. I would say definitely worth the $229. It took about 20 mins to install. The plug is not the same but all the bennington speaker wire colors match up with the new unit. Example Purple to purple easy install

Thanks for the complement on the cart. I have spent a ton of money and time to get it where it is. They are super fun and my latest obsession. I love working with electronics Stereos and LEDs ect so electric carts are a natural progression

This forum is awful for my bank account. Now I think I need this too... it would be nice to get the extra power boost but also to be able to do Satellite radio when we're out on Lake Powell for days on end with no cell service. I tried to add it to my existing stereo but they don't make the tuner it uses anymore. 
If it is Sat ready this is what you need

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SCC1-Sirius-Connect-Vehicle-Tuner-Satellite-Radio-SC-C1-Open-Box-w-Active-Sub-/371354103231?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item56766dedbf

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SIRIUS-SATELLITE-RADIO-SIR-SNY1-MARINE-SONY-TUNER-SIRSNY1-SIRSNY1M-/330780354199?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d040ba697

For the Sony MEX- XB100BT Sirus hook up you can't beat this and it's "free"! http://www.crutchfield.com/p_220SXV300/SiriusXM-SXV300V1-Tuner.html

Try mounting the Sirus antenna horizontally under your console using double sided tape with the top of the antenna facing up. The satellite signals will often pass thru fiberglass just fine. I know from experience that it works perfectly under a heavy Harley fiberglass fairing. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately that free one only works with newer stereos. For my 2013, I'd need one like Scott linked to which are out of production and as a result cost way more used now than they did new. Better to just replace the whole stereo. 

For the Sony MEX-XB100BT stereo radio we're discussing in this thread the SiriusXM SXV300V1 Tuner mentioned above works fine and is basically free.

Hey if anyone knows where to find the adaptor from the Stock Sony marine remote (RM-X60M) kind of looks like a Ai-net plug. Here is a pic of the plug I'm talking about

http://i953.photobucket.com/albums/ae19/geewest/bennington%20fourm/6F4442ED-3260-4199-AA29-B257F1A7A148_zpsipk1qjw0.jpg

I'm looking for the adapter that will connect the stock Marin remote to the New Sony headunits remote input.

The new Sony remote input looks like a round s-video style input.
Hope you get it to work, it says these remotes are not compatible.  Some people say they get some of the functions to work but not all of them.  This is why I did not change out my head unit, I have two of the RM-X60M remotes.

As long as the volume up and down works I'm happy. Old habits die hard I still keep reaching for the volume on the dash remote. LoL

If anyone finds a correct adapter plug for connecting the Sony Mega Bass radio to the Bennington helm console wiring harness please post the part number in this thread. Not a deal killer, just saves a little bit of installation time and makes for a cleaner install. The speaker wiring plug  is ok as is without any modification for a 2015 2275 GCW.

I'm REALLY liking this Sony Mega Bass stereo radio.

I can handle the connector conversion just fine. It's the loss of the RM-X60 remotes that's a killer for me since the head unit is inside the helm compartment on the R. Not very convenient.

You could try contacting Crutchfield for a possible solution: http://www.crutchfield.com/S-JtLxoG6NACG/
Not without hacking up your helm 

335830_p_t_640x480_image15.jpg

digi51499527_l.jpg

That's one of my few gripes about the new generation R helm. It locks you into a proprietary Sony remote/head unit, as it's literally molded into the dash as shown.

I'm thinking the connection on the back of the new Sony mega bass is a M-Bus connection. If some one could confirm this then I think we are in business. You can get Ai-net to M-bus cables on e-bay and Amazon no problem

I'm thinking the connection on the back of the new Sony mega bass is a M-Bus connection. If some one could confirm this then I think we are in business. You can get Ai-net to M-bus cables on e-bay and Amazon no problem
:)

Ok I spoke with Sony today and their phone support is HORRIABLE. 29 mins on and off the phone with customer support and they don't know anything?

My friend has a Stereo store. He however is not a dinky dealer. He says what might look like a M-Bus or Ai-net connector might not work. Alpine has a different pin out then Sony. Sa as far as going to get the factory remit to work I guess it's a try and see if it works

Back