Speed Contest

Last edited by a moderator:
I am at 938ft above sea level.... And I'll just have my son drive the boat. He is 20 something pounds now...

2014 24 SSLX SPS Yamaha F200, Reliance 15" prop, 43.8mph. (Jealous of JTaylor's speed!!)

I've been above 44.5 only a couple times, and anything above 44.0 requires a lot of trimming finesse.  I also have a 17 pitch prop compared to your 15.  I do love our motor!

The 45.0 was without the wife on board, so I could play with it a lot.  I'm smart enough to never mention that any weight difference may have helped.  :lol:

Dealer popped a new "reman" prop on for spring service as mine had some chips and dings .... hoping for maybe 13 mph now ....  :D

You guys are KILLING me.....2015 2372QCW with a 300 Merc Verado....48.8 on GPS.....how are you people getting 50+ with a 250 ?

For me, my 250 had an ecm re-program so it is pushing a little more HP than the 300 is.  I had my motor raised up some so my anti ventilation plate almost out of the water for less drag.  It is hard for me to tell if it rides just on top of water or just below.  Also, lifting strakes help big time, you need to get the toons up on the water.  I could be wrong, but I think the Q's are heavier to the comparable size that are not Q's

Scott1, I know this is an old thread revival, but what were the results of testing the eco version of the Enertia prop?

Back