Sport Performance System (SPS) Package vs. Elliptical Pontoons

Dealer called to make sure that I was OK with the new  build,and any changes need to be done now .

Currently I have the express package on order , I was thinking about changing to the "twin elliptical package "Price is about the same .

I am already a grand over budget so any of the other options are out of the question .

After rereading the above it would appear I am better off staying  with the Express package .

99% of the time it just my wife and myself .

Suggestions ,comments ?

Thanks 

If I could, I'd go elliptical, don't know why, I just like that setup....... What's it matter ...... You are infected anyhow, so it'll only be another year or so till you swap ...... LOL !!!!!

You did do elevated helm right?

Last edited by a moderator:
If I could, I'd go elliptical, don't know why, I just like that setup....... What's it matter ...... You are infected anyhow, so it'll only be another year or so till you swap ...... LOL !!!!!

You did do elevated helm right?
That is exactly what I want to avoid .

Yes ,I did do the elevated helm .

I stopped at the dealer today and he agrees with the turning " like a barge "" post here .

As of right now he is trying to see if I can change to tune set up and still get it delivered in February ( extra 1.5% off for a February delivery ) .

I would go express over elliptical but that is me. I know there are perks to both but it comes down to personal preference.

I am going back to the dealer tomorrow ,hopefully ,he got the answer I want to hear .

If so I am switching to the SPS package .If not I will stay with the Express.

Not trying to change your decision (I have the express and like it just fine) but the ellipticals will give you more buoyancy, better stability when anchored (since the "effective" stance is wider due to the oversized tubes being on the outside), and a little bit faster top end speed.  Tri-toons probably give a little better cornering, and probably better resale value to the uninformed buyer (a lot of buyers likely haven't seen ellipticals before, or know much about them).  The express is the "value" version between the two.  If I had the choice to do over, I would likely go SPS like Andy is, but the SPS option wasn't available when we bought our boat.

Does the SPS suck you into getting a 200HP motor?  Never test drove one before.

A weird thing about the Express is I get a faster top-end speed if I load the front of the boat with passengers, not the back.  I think it has to do with the center tube not being full length, so the back of the boat isn't as buoyant, and the boat plows more if you have more weight in the back.  This was a VERY noticeable when pulling tubes with our 115.  With the 150 we have now, the difference isn't as noticeable.

There are 2 sps packages. From what I can tell is the sps 200 option included hydraulic steering and the sps 150 package suggests you add it. We loved the ride and feel of the sps with 200 Yamaha during the club event so we built our order around that test boat. I even got the prop specs from  Bennington and the dealer is throwing that same prop on it for us. I love the feel of the SDS prop. I still get all smiley knowing in a couple months I'll have all that excitement at my dock. 

You do not have to get a 200 ,I am staying with the 150 .

The only difference I have been told is, with the lower cost is the standard fuel tank .The one that is about $190 more you get a 37 gallon transom fuel tank .

Just got back from the dealer . I will be staying with the Express .Unless I want to pay 1.5% more for it not being  built in February . Build date is February 17 .

That sounds odd. How would that change the build date and increase the entire build price?

The standard fuel tank is large enough for me. I cannot afford to come up with $120 every time I need fuel, and tanks need to be kept full. Our lake has only one gas pump, and it's $1.37 more per gallon than off lake gasoline.

And I save $7 for every 5 gallon Jerry can I carry 50 yards to the boathouse. I'd hate to have to fill up one of the 50 gallon tanks.

That sounds odd. How would that change the build date and increase the entire build price?
Parts are ordered my build. I cant see any dealer turning  down selling a higher priced boat . I knew when I ordered in December that the dealer was offering an extra 1.5% for February  deliveries /invoices .

It is cutting it close because of the days Bennington was shut  down around the holidays and the weather . 

I don't have to take it then ,as long as it is invoiced by the 28th .

The standard fuel tank is large enough for me. I cannot afford to come up with $120 every time I need fuel, and tanks need to be kept full. Our lake has only one gas pump, and it's $1.37 more per gallon than off lake gasoline.

And I save $7 for every 5 gallon Jerry can I carry 50 yards to the boathouse. I'd hate to have to fill up one of the 50 gallon tanks.
We are on an inland lake ,and they are gouging . $2.50 -$3.00 over street price .

I did find a close station that sells premium ethanol free for about 50 cents over premium  ethanol .

Here is a link to find one in your area .

http://pure-gas.org/

Back