Spring must be coming

Link

Reaction score
This morning while on line I noticed that there were 71 users on the forum.  Not that I look a lot at that statistic but when I have it is usually around 50.  I see that the most ever on line at the same time was 182 on June 21, 2011. 

I think a lot of fellow owners are thinking spring and dusting off the old forum to see what's new, and who didn't freeze to death this winter.

70 for the next 4 days. Window washing today. Raking yard tomorrow. Car wash Monday. 303 on the cover Tuesday. Busy, Busy, Busy. I just may get that chance to get the Benni wet in 2 weeks. What a long winter but Spring is here. TYL.

Finally In the 40's next week and close to 50 soon after, news was saying we could lose as much as 10" of our snow pack by next weekend   :lol:

I can see grass for the first time since October . It is over the septic ,but I can see it .

I fired up the grill for the first time in months and the smell was great! come on spring!

I fired up the grill for the first time in months and the smell was great! come on spring!
We use ours all year ( propane ) I will fire up the charcoal once the weather breaks a little bit more .

Get me about 2 1/2 -3 inch Delmonico . :D

12 days until SPRING March 20 2014​
a Thursday 12 days from today

Last edited by a moderator:
I broke out the hedgetrimmers and cut down some of the zebra grass ...... What a day !!! :wub:

So bummed out. Just got a text that my camper is missing a roof mounted vent cover. Have no idea if it has been like that for 2 months (wind storm destroyed the cover) or since the last wind storm a couple weeks ago.

I can't get there till Weds. Praying that I don't have major water damage inside. Roof damage?

So bummed out. Just got a text that my camper is missing a roof mounted vent cover. Have no idea if it has been like that for 2 months (wind storm destroyed the cover) or since the last wind storm a couple weeks ago.

I can't get there till Weds. Praying that I don't have major water damage inside. Roof damage?
That is a bummer. Hope it isn't bad.

Thanks Smitty.

The Zebra grass looks great during the summer, but it's a P.I.T.A when you have to cut it down each year. Only good thing about the snow is it took 3/4 of it down this year.

Down here there is "Pompas grass" that have long leaves but they're sharp. They get huge and have to be cut down every year or burned and they come back. We had 2 by the dock when we bought this place but I dug them up.

To cut it down I take bungee cords around the base and one up a little further to keep tem together in a bale, roll them up to where you want to cut them and chop away. This keeps everything in a bunch and gives you an even cut.

gallery_1200_457_278170.jpg

I wish I was cutting grass instead of shoveling snow .

11 Days .

Yup, that's what I've got, 5 on the back yard line. Burning is great but man do they go up fast. Have hose ready.

We have a number of grasses, many of them are Japenese Silvergrass; I use bungee cords as well and take the electric hedge trimmer to them.  Tuesday I am going up to the marina that stores my boat and seadoo as I felt that we had turned the corner after a few days at our seasonal average of mid to upper 40's but this morning I was shocked when I looked at weather.com as Thursdays high is 19 with anticipated 4" - 8" of white crap.

Back