Stainless telescoping ladder

Outabounds68

Reaction score
Need some help here. We left our ladder down in the water for two weeks. It almost seems as if the water ate off the stainless. There is definitely a film on the ladder and we can’t get it off. We tried a magic eraser and it didn’t seem to help. Anyone else have this issue and what did you do to resolve it?

Thanks, Brett.

Try cleaning it with wd40 on a cloth.

Never heard of this in my 7 years in the forum.

Is the dock electric? Could be some leakage current into the water maybe causing this. If so you have a very dangerous situation.

Never heard of this in my 7 years in the forum.

Is the dock electric? Could be some leakage current into the water maybe causing this. If so you have a very dangerous situation.
I appreciate that. I’m gonna try the WD-40 and get back to you guys.

Post a picture so we can see what happened.

Try 000 steel wool if WD40 doesn’t work. Ours did that after letting it down and coating of “stuff” on it got so hard you could barely scrape it off with your finger nail

Try 000 steel wool if WD40 doesn’t work. Ours did that after letting it down and coating of “stuff” on it got so hard you could barely scrape it off with your finger nail
Appreciate that. The WD-40 did absolutely nothing unfortunately. We thought steel wool would be the next route to go. I’ll let you know.

If it is a hard water deposit, try vinegar. Let it soak for 2 or 3 minutes and the vinegar will usually remove the hard water deposits.
Jack

Back