The best commercial ever!!

Yeah that was funny Andy!!!!!

A-ha ................... gotta love great marketing to 80's music ......... it's what fills my ipods .....

ipod(s)?? Filled up more than one?

That was the fist video I remember seeing on VH1 our little town would not allow MTV to out of control I guess. I think it was 1982 when we first got cable in out little town. I am not a big fan of VW

I like the commercials and my 60 vw buggy. We're a GM family

ipod(s)?? Filled up more than one?
Andy ...... you should know me by now .... :D

A shuffle, two nanos, and a video ..... and my iphone .... oh yeah, a ipad2 and a ipad mini ....... :blink:

That was the fist video I remember seeing on VH1 our little town would not allow MTV to out of control I guess. I think it was 1982 when we first got cable in out little town. I am not a big fan of VW
Not the biggest fan, but I learned to drive at 14 on the farm in a Beetle. As a kid, we went on vacation (2 adults/2 kids) from Pa. to Disneyworld, Myrtle Beach, and to Niagra Falls in a Beetle with NO A/C ....... parents would get thrown in jail for abuse doing that now ... :eek:

Good Commercial Andy!

I just think it is hilarious. All the actors did a great job in that ad. Their expressions are priceless and I think we've all been that guy who day dreams during a boring meeting!

Andy ...... you should know me by now .... :D

A shuffle, two nanos, and a video ..... and my iphone .... oh yeah, a ipad2 and a ipad mini ....... :blink:

I know how you roll, with multiples of everything. I'm almost surprised you don't live in Utah....

I know how you roll, with multiples of everything. I'm almost surprised you don't live in Utah....
I draw the line there. One wife is enough .... Could you imagine numerous honey do lists ????

That's a good one Carl, first time I've seen that one

Wow, thanks everyone, I just spent the last hour watching old commercials of my 1987 Mercury Merkur XR4Ti and seeing all the crazy stuff people did to them! Never should have sold that car! 

Not the biggest fan, but I learned to drive at 14 on the farm in a Beetle. As a kid, we went on vacation (2 adults/2 kids) from Pa. to Disneyworld, Myrtle Beach, and to Niagra Falls in a Beetle with NO A/C ....... parents would get thrown in jail for abuse doing that now ... :eek:
Funny commercial Carl but that d--- camels voice gets on my nerves real quick! Ha! Semper.......my first car was a 1973 Beetle. Loved that car and even took it college in cold New England.....you talked about no A/C??? The heat/defrost didn't blow out unless you were moving......I used to have a scraper for the inside AND the outside!!! Ha!!! I ended up putting a little over 300000 miles on that car!

Nothing like needing rpm's to have heat! They make an aftermarket fan for the doghouse that is suppose increase air flow by 30% if memory serves. Nothing like the heat exchangers rusting out and exhaust being blown back into the car either. The motor in my buggy is from a 74 super beetle. Bought the whole car for $275 with 80,000 original miles on it and all the service records from VW. (o\ ! /o)

Yeah, jump starting them was always fun too. Who's ingenious idea was it to out the battery under the rear seat? Oh and hopefully you didn't need the spare after a long dirty drive that you've been spraying the windshield with washer fluid. Nothing like using the spare tire to pressurize the washer fluid .... Lol !!!!

Funny commercial Carl but that d--- camels voice gets on my nerves real quick! Ha! Semper.......my first car was a 1973 Beetle. Loved that car and even took it college in cold New England.....you talked about no A/C??? The heat/defrost didn't blow out unless you were moving......I used to have a scraper for the inside AND the outside!!! Ha!!! I ended up putting a little over 300000 miles on that car!
Hehehehe .... that's a flashback memory ..... back in December 87, I took leave from AO school and I drove from Memphis, Tn. to Pa. in a 72 Maverick with no heat/defrost.

I talked two guys into riding along back for gas money. We left around 5 from Memphis, it was cold as could be.

We made it as far as Nashville and couldn't take it anymore. We had to keep stopping to scrape the insides of the windows ..... :lol:

I dropped the two guys off in Md., needless to say I made the return trip by myself ........ :blink:

Oh the good old days, and the great memories ..... :)

Yeah, jump starting them was always fun too. Who's ingenious idea was it to out the battery under the rear seat? Oh and hopefully you didn't need the spare after a long dirty drive that you've been spraying the windshield with washer fluid. Nothing like using the spare tire to pressurize the washer fluid .... Lol !!!!
Oh man forgot about the using the spare tire to pressurize the washer fluid! My tire was always flat...........Hahahahahaa! I've been looking for old pictures of my Beetle..........I had an old wood "Miller Lite" beer tap as my shifter..............

Back