The Best Cooler PERIOD.

G

Geewest

IMHO LOL :)

http://www.yeticoolers.com/

I have 3 of them, (different sizes for different boat's and one for camping). I have had them for the better part of 10 years and they still look like NEW. I just got one for the Q, I have been using a cheep Colman cooler ever since I got the Q in May and its a Joke when your used to keeping Ice in a serious cooler the Colman is a toy it wont even keep Ice 24 hrs. We keep our cooler in the side door entry area. That space is around 29 inches wide so a small cube style cooler is what we use, I will post some pic's of our new cooler. If you haven't seen Yeti (They used to be called as Icey-Tec) coolers then you’re going to be blown away at how heavy duty they are and how well they hold ice. Down side is they are not cheep. We got the 50 Quart Tundra series cooler and it was almost $300.

But IMO it worth it! They last forever and in my opinion they Hold Ice longer than any other cooler.

First off they now come in Tan and match the Benningtons color. The Lids have an O ring seal around the lid so when they close they make a serious seal. The sides of the cooler are almost 3 inches thick. The accessories they offer with the cooler are pretty cool so u can customize your cooler. They have a bunch of different sizes depending on where you plan on keeping it and lots of mounting options if your cooler likes to move around when whipping your boat at 40+ Mph. Check out Yeti at the link above. Im super happy with my'n and just wanted to let everyone know. If you cant find somthing at Yeti coolers that you like check out Engel coolers www.engel-usa.com they make a awesome cooler as well.

DSC00038.jpg

DSC00039.jpg

DSC00040.jpg

DSC00041.jpg

DSC00042.jpg

Here are some pic's of the cooler as promised. I cant stress enough about how over built these coolers are. Not like you need to but you can stand and jump up and down on the lid of this cooler and its stable and strong. The lid is like a solid door and closes tight to make a good seal.

DSC00038.jpg

DSC00039.jpg

DSC00040.jpg

DSC00041.jpg

DSC00042.jpg

The rubber feet on the bottom stop it from sliding around for the most part and you don't need to use the Rubber latches in-fact Im going to remove them they are more of a saftey then a latch to keep food and drinks cold

I like some of the accessories, like the bear proof lock:

acc_tundra_BearLock.jpg

Although for boating these are cool:

acc_tundra_Brackets.jpg

The rubber feet on the bottom stop it from sliding around for the most part and you don't need to use the Rubber latches in-fact Im going to remove them they are more of a saftey then a latch to keep food and drinks cold
I wondered if you had to use the latches every time you opened the cooler. I can see using them while underway though.

The rubber latches make a air tight seal. You don't have to use them the lid shuts fine with out them the rubber straps are more for if it was in the back of a truck or while mashing threw chop. We used the cooler yesterday and it works as promised

If you needed more room or a larger cooler you can turn the cooler sideways (like in the first pic above this post), then you could get the 70 quart cooler it's taller and would it come up to almost the stitch line in the recliner tall.

Hi Guys, have you looked at AO soft-sided cooler? http://www.aocoolers.com/ I have 2 of them and they are awesome. Take up far less space and no chance of scratching anything. I have the 36 and 48 can version. Will hold ice for a good 24 hrs! Another option to look at.

Off call; the soft coolers are great. I have a soft cooler that I use when I'm a guest on someone's boat. "I bring a goodie bag" they are a great option and having the shoulder strap makes its easy to transport. The one I have Looks very clost to the ones in your link. But the down side is it drips a bit of water Not like it's a big deal on a boat. How do the soft coolers in your link hold water do they leak water at all?

Last edited:
If you needed more room or a larger cooler you can turn the cooler sideways (like in the first pic above this post), then you could get the 70 quart cooler it's taller and would it come up to almost the stitch line in the recliner tall.
Which model is that one ? Notice it fits nicely at the side gate. Gerry (My mistake, I see you said the 50 qt. Tundra.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Gerry I have the 50 quart. I have a 2575 qcw the space of my gate is 28 inches wide. I noticed on our other boat 2575 RLIO the side gate is Much larger so check the size of your gate you might be able to fit a much larger cooler

Off call; the soft coolers are great. I have a soft cooler that I use when I'm a guest on someone's boat. "I bring a goodie bag" they are a great option and having the shoulder strap makes its easy to transport. The one I have Looks very clost to the ones in your link. But the down side is it drips a bit of water Not like it's a big deal on a boat. How do the soft coolers in your link hold water do they leak water at all?
Geewest, neither one of mine leak. I am on year 3 for each. They have been by far the best purchase I have made for our boat.

Gerry I have the 50 quart. I have a 2575 qcw the space of my gate is 28 inches wide. I noticed on our other boat 2575 RLIO the side gate is Much larger so check the size of your gate you might be able to fit a much larger cooler
Thanks Geewest. I have a 2575 RCW, probably the same opening, but taking an after dinner cruise this evening. Will check it out. Thanks Gerry

The AO Cooler is an option....I could get one of those and put it inside the coffee table. That's really what I am after because it's just a shame not to use something as nice looking as that coffee table is but to my wife and I it just takes up space which is why it stays in our shed and not the boat.

The more I read about those AO Coolers the more I know I'm buying 2 different sizes. Any idea what the biggest one I could get and still fit inside the Bennington coffee table after the AO Cooler is fully packed?

Another option if you really want to customize is to get a Frigid Rigid. http://frigidrigid.com/ I think I am going to order one with a set back lid and a cushion on top so that it can be like a little extra seat in one of our side door spaces.

If the ability to fold away a cooler is what your looking for then the AO is the way to go. But if your looking for the real deal and you want a cooler to keep things cold for as long as possable then a Yeti or Other high quality coolers will blow away the AO. Another advantage of the hard coolers is the ability to use it as a seat. When we have ours in the side gate location it works perfict as a jump seat. The lid on it is so solid you can stand on it and you don't feel it flex an inch.

No like I said, I want to be able to have justification for using my coffee table so putting the AO inside the coffee table is way I'm gonna go. Thanks.

Back