The Best Cooler PERIOD.

Keith, I have 4 of the AO coolers, I don't think you will be able to get much bigger than the 36 can cooler in the table with ice. I have both the 36 and 48 can and they get big with ice. I'm not sure what the hard coolers get for time for things to stay cold, but my AO coolers will get 3 days out of them. Another plus with the AO over hard coolers you don't have to worry about them sliding or scratching inside of boat when you are cracking the whip(tube) with the kids on back!!!! Much easier to carry too!!

Keith, I have 4 of the AO coolers, I don't think you will be able to get much bigger than the 36 can cooler in the table with ice. I have both the 36 and 48 can and they get big with ice. I'm not sure what the hard coolers get for time for things to stay cold, but my AO coolers will get 3 days out of them. Another plus with the AO over hard coolers you don't have to worry about them sliding or scratching inside of boat when you are cracking the whip(tube) with the kids on back!!!! Much easier to carry too!!
Yeah I've been looking at that 36 can one today and will get it if I measure everything and I think it will fit inside my coffee table. Will probably get a smaller one to go under the helm as well.

They are a good product and a good company!! My best purchase yet for the boat!!

The more I read about those AO Coolers the more I know I'm buying 2 different sizes. Any idea what the biggest one I could get and still fit inside the Bennington coffee table after the AO Cooler is fully packed?
The Igloo 36 Quart is what came with my boat/coffee table, and it has about 1 inch of clearance on all sides. Here's the dimensions from the Igloo website: Exterior Dimensions: 24.25" L x 13.56" W x 13" H.

Here's a pic (not mine) to make sure we're talking the same thing:

DSC02062-cropped_zps6ae14447.jpg

You should be able to get an AO 48 pack cooler in there.

Last edited by a moderator:
How much more do those AO coolers expand beyond what their stated dimensions are when they're full of drinks and ice? I could comfortably fit a cooler 21" long x 12" wide x 12" high in my Bennington coffee table....maybe a TOUCH bigger but not much. So I know I could fit the 24 pack in there and MAYBE the 36 pack based on those measurements but not if that 36 pack expands more than what they state the size of it is.

The 36 will expand some. I can't say for sure how much but it will hold the stated 36 plus a good amount of ice. Just get them both can never have enough drink coolers!! Ha Ha!!

Yeah I just don't want it expanding too much to the point it won't fit inside the coffee table.

After measuring both my coffee table and the opening under my helm I'm going to purchase two of those 24 pack AO coolers as each will fit in either area. Thanks again for the info. I hope they work as well as you say they do and as advertised.

FarNorth: the Fridig Ridiged coolers look real nice. Is that what your using? These are nice coolers as well.

https://www.engel-usa.com/products/deepblue-coolers.

Engel makes some real nice DC powerd fridges
I know a few people that swear by them. We just had the new boat out for the first time this last weekend. Going to do some measuring and order one for fishing as we have no live well and our boat is used for a bit of everything.

Just ordered the 24 pack deluxe AO cooler today. If I like it I'll get another one as well. Well put one under the helm and another in that coffee table.

KeithKZ, I will be shocked if you don't like it! Love all four of mine! They are great. We head up to Northern Wi for the week on Sat and will be taking all along! Enjoy!!

The DC powered coolers, at least Coleman brand, use the same technology that the cooled seats on cars use. If you want to know the nuts and bolts of it, Colemans web-site did have a good illustrations. Steve

KeithKZ, I will be shocked if you don't like it! Love all four of mine! They are great. We head up to Northern Wi for the week on Sat and will be taking all along! Enjoy!!
Well it will get the test next month when we go up to Torch Lake in northwest Michigan...I'll probably have a 2nd one (AO cooler) by then! LOL!

The DC powered coolers, at least Coleman brand, use the same technology that the cooled seats on cars use. If you want to know the nuts and bolts of it, Colemans web-site did have a good illustrations. Steve
I just worry about draining my boat battery with that though and I don't have dual batteries.

I sent a note to AO this morning about the possibility of putting the Bennington logo on mine since we don't use boat names around here much.

Just wondering, is there any "official" Club Bennington logo? AO did awesome coolers with logos for "The Malibu Crew" forum when I was involved with that.

Just for reference, here are pictures showing the measurements of my coffee table on a 2275RCWL with the included Bennington cooler (15x12x12). The 24 can AO should fit nicely.

Behind the helm stand there is plenty of room for a 36 or even 48 can.

Thanks. Yeah when I measured both under my helm and my coffee table (same one as you have) I could tell the 24 pack (the one I ordered yesterday) would easily fit into both places but I did not think the 36 pack would fit in either area after it was full of drinks/ice.

We have 2 bear families coming through our North GA campground nightly looking for pic-a-nic baskets. They destroyed my Coleman electric cooler last year, and put a big claw hole through the plastic.

I need a cooler that's bear proof.

Back