The Weather Is Here; Wish You Were Beautiful

ssc

Reaction score
It was 87 here. It is also the start of the spring break season. The Bennington ran like a champ. Saw 50MPH today. Had 4 people, coolers and a full tank of gas, plus double bim up. Saw a tritoon running fast with one person and no bim. He had an IO. As he came by, I dropped the hammer. The wife knew it was coming. She had seen the toon coming and looked at me and just shook her head with disgust as she knew my immature side would prevail.

Needless to say we pulled on him and then pulled away. I glanced down at the speedo once and saw 50. I sure hope Bennington authorizes the merc 400. That will be an expensive day. Yes, I know, I'm getting older, but refuse to grow up. Got passed by a skator doing at least 100. I sure wish I got a pic. Nice boat. To all my cold weather boating brethen, keep the faith, I'm sending the weather to you.

Sorry for the crappy pictures. I only took my point and shoot camera.

Cheers, Steve

IMG_1685.JPG

IMG_1692.JPG

IMG_1701.JPG

IMG_1716.JPG

As I read this post I am forced to just hang my head. The jealousy of the nice weather is to much as I sit here and stare at frozen water. All I can hope for is the the dream fairy will bring me nice boating dreams. LOL

Congrats on being on the water and thanks for the encouragement to stay strong.. LOL

Ha ha.  Funny story.  Thanks for sharing.  Sounds and looks like a great first day of boating season! 

By the way, fins to the left!

SSC,

Great pics , have me dreaming as we are still iced over here

Temps hit 50 and will be 40s all week during day 

Will be a slow melt, could use a few 60s here

All I can say is ENJOY 

117694208.jpg

It was 87 here. It is also the start of the spring break season. The Bennington ran like a champ. Saw 50MPH today. Had 4 people, coolers and a full tank of gas, plus double bim up. Saw a tritoon running fast with one person and no bim. He had an IO. As he came by, I dropped the hammer. The wife knew it was coming. She had seen the toon coming and looked at me and just shook her head with disgust as she knew my immature side would prevail. Needless to say we pulled on him and then pulled away. I glanced down at the speedo once and saw 50. I sure hope Bennington authorizes the merc 400. That will be an expensive day. Yes, I know, I'm getting older, but refuse to grow up. Got passed by a skator doing at least 100. I sure wish I got a pic. Nice boat. To all my cold weather boating brethen, keep the faith, I'm sending the weather to you. Sorry for the crappy pictures. I only took my point and shoot camera. Cheers, Steve
Just got back from Havasu thursday. Was in that channel on my sister & brother-in-laws boat on Monday cruisinging south to Parker dam and back. Not as hot as this week but still warmer than michigan. Some spring break crowds but they said not the biggest yet. We had a very nice week.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was the usual Havazoo. The good part is that you can watch the show when you want and then take off and get away from it. The spring break will last another four weeks. Looking forward to everyone's pictures and stories as the weather warms up. If anyone makes it out west, give a shout. Swiftm, glad you had a good time. The cruise down to Havasu springs is a favorite. Did they take you to Copper canyon? We had fun watching the characters jumping off the rocks.

Oh well, "Come Monday" it wont be right, as I'll be back in a brown L.A. haze.

Cheers, Steve

It was the usual Havazoo. The good part is that you can watch the show when you want and then take off and get away from it. The spring break will last another four weeks. Looking forward to everyone's pictures and stories as the weather warms up. If anyone makes it out west, give a shout. Swiftm, glad you had a good time. The cruise down to Havasu springs is a favorite. Did they take you to Copper canyon? We had fun watching the characters jumping off the rocks.
Cheers, Steve[/

They talked about copper canyon but we didn't go there. Pointed out where it was on our "3 hour tour". Walked the channel and London bridge a couple times. Had lots of other stuff to do including seeing my brother in 29 palms (he used to live in east highland and my sister-in-law worked in riverside). Whirlwind time over 9 days.

Back