They built the wrong boat

OK, topic hijackers, take it to a new topic, please.

Actually, I do somewhere. I think they're archived on an external HD but I'll have to look.

OK, sorry. Didn't intend to get that sideways. Blame it on me.

So, back on track -- don't settle for a floor plan you don't want (although I like my SLX3). :) You chose that layout for a reason so you'll likely always be unhappy if you settle.

We received pics of our boat being built and I saw the seats didn't have the red accent stripe that were clearly on the order sheet. I thought they could easily swap out the seats, but the dealer said it was too late and offered me a couple hundred $$ to take the boat. We said no since we really wanted the look with the red stripe. Bennington started on my new build right away and my dealer took the "wrong" boat, selling it easily. That turned out to be win-win for us, but I sympathize with how frustrating your situation is.

Very difficult and disappointing for you and your family. I think you will never be satisfied until you get the boat you ordered. I wouldn’t either. Talk with the dealor about loaning you a pontoon until the one you ordered comes in.

I would call Bennington directly and find out where the guy lives that has your boat. Guessing you have his. Shipping error most likely. You just need to switch them back. You could arrange that long before July gets here!!!! Or have the two dealers meet in the middle, and swap boats.

Our neighbors next door at the lake ordered a competitors Tritoon. Very nice 24’ wth a 300 hp Yamaha and lots of bells and whistles. They waited a long time for it to be delivered. When they went to pick it up it was what they ordered with one very small problem no in floor center toon storage. The dealer stepped up and let them take the boat while theirs was being rebuilt. They used it for most of the summer. Good luck.

Notice: As NO ONE knows this was a Bennington caused issue, going forward, any mention of Benningtons failure (without any type of proof) will be edited from the thread.

Agreed. I'm not saying Bennington built the wrong boat. Quite the contrary, I believe they built the right boat. Most likely got on the wrong truck.

Like previously stated... could of been a mix up in shipping or a clerical error on the order. If the dealer offered you a discount on the wrong boat I’d favor how the mistake was made. Whatever the case I’m sure it’ll work out in the end.

You could ask the dealer for the build # and then call Bennington and they will tell you the build specs, this way you can confirm what your being told from the dealer what actually happened, I find it difficult that you would have to start your wait over if Bennington actually made the error ,after taking a factory tour it wouldn't be impossible for them to move you to the front of the build line

Good point, especially since they already waited in line once.

Similar thing happened to us but not as severe. We ordered a 23RSB which has a bench seat and table next to the helm. Arrived at the dealer two weeks ago just after they got it in. Climbed up on the boat and my wife says, "This isn't our boat, there is a captain's chair next to the helm, not a bench seat and table". You can imaging the look on the saleman's face. Turned out it was not the dealer's fault but Bennington's. My wife actually likes it better, and now that we've had it out several times, we really like it. So it turned out OK for us. Best of luck with your situation.

Just out of curiosity ,who gave you that information ?

Last edited:
This was from the owner who pulled the order sheet and said it was ordered correctly on their part. However, I did not personally verify that. Just trusting the dealer. I have my order specs that my wife and I signed. I don't know how that is then entered into the Bennington system. Don't get me wrong, it turned out OK and we love our Bennington. Had it out on Lake Erie all weekend. Love hitting the waves at 90 degrees from the bigger boats. People keep looking. We just smile and wave.

Back