Things I would change (formerly Regrets)

lakeliving

Reaction score
I have a 24 sslx with SPS and a yamaha F200 and it is a blast.

rodsfields

Reaction score
I have a 22 SSRXP SPS With a Yamaha F150 and am enjoying the hell out of it.

Renegade34

Reaction score
Since this topic came up recently I like to add that I regret not upgrading to a galvanized trailer this time around. I think it was only about an extra $400 or $500 to upgrade. Last year I towed the trailer literally one time on about 10 miles of a gravel road and now it's really chipped up. Some brands probably have better quality paint than others but I was told by the salesman how great the paint is on this brand (Phoenix) but it looks worse than my 12 year old utility trailer that has seen tons of gravel roads. I wish I would've sprang for the galvanized :(

DaveyJ

Reaction score
Since this topic came up recently I like to add that I regret not upgrading to a galvanized trailer this time around. I think it was only about an extra $400 or $500 to upgrade. Last year I towed the trailer literally one time on about 10 miles of a gravel road and now it's really chipped up. Some brands probably have better quality paint than others but I was told by the salesman how great the paint is on this brand (Phoenix) but it looks worse than my 12 year old utility trailer that has seen tons of gravel roads. I wish I would've sprang for the galvanized :(
Same regret!! 2.5 year old trailer.....
upload_2019-6-20_19-24-11.jpeg

Renegade34

Reaction score
Like you said on the other thread, they probably didn’t prep the welds properly. Pretty disappointing I’d say.
Check out this garbage. Ten minutes on a gravel road one time. I have heavy duty mud flaps too. I couldn’t believe it.

2302763A-C217-4FF0-ABD2-572E1F77FF2D.jpeg

DaveyJ

Reaction score
That's ridiculous!! Quality seems to be in short supply these days. Except for our Benny’s of course :D

Devin

Reaction score
I am 2 years into ownership and I spent about 3 months studying this forum before the order. I have a SX23 SPS and I have 2 regrets: Not getting a galvanized trailer and not choosing the Evinrude G2 250HO (largest motor I could legally have). I have the 150HO currently and it is a great motor but I would like more speed!