Too Funny

StevL

Reaction score
A buddy of mine is not very web savvy (neither am I). He has a center console that is powered by a 115, runs in the high 20s. He decided to buy a used 150 and sell the 115 (150 max hp for his boat). He was told about a online auction site that sells almost everything. He saw the other day that they were having a marine auction. He decided to sign up, give his credit card number so he could bid, etc. Well he was so overwhelmed he had several windows open watching many auction items at once, a 150 came up, time to bid! Well he started clicking bid many times, the auction ended with him buying the item for $2,100. plus a 13% commission and has to pick it up Florida. One big problem; he was clicking bids in a different window than the engine, he bought a 1982 SeaRay cruiser that is located in New York!! He has now learned to have it delivered will cost him another $1,300. You may say lesson learned :)

Last edited by a moderator:
You're right, that is toooo funny.

The worst part is just try to unload a 1982 SeaRay cruiser that's now parked in your driveway!

Sucks to be his couch tonight, it's going to have a guy on it. My wife would kill me if I did something like that. Great story though!!! Thanks for sharing

Wow, he sent me a photo tonight.... Sweet! I mean the couch he's sleeping on :)

SeaRay25.jpg

Steve

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like the SS Minnow

That is hilarious! Wish I could see the pic! It just shows a question mark where the pic should be. It was the same with your other pic in the topic about rear loungers. Weird.

Hey Bulldog, I see the pix no problem.

Looks to be in great shape for a 31 yr. old boat.............

Could have been worse ..... Could have bought a Sun Tracker ..... :)

Back