Toon scratches....what do I do?

vikezfan

Reaction score
Hey guys...brand new toon and I seem to have some scratches from some Dock Edge pontoon fenders I bought. They are of poor design as I unfortunately figured out as the bottom of the fenders have no padding and I have 10" wide horizontal scratches in 3 spots. Can these be removed, hidden, buffed out? I'm sure I'll get the odd scratches again but these are quite noticeable.

Any recommendations?

Got some pics of the "scratches"?

Depends on the depth of the scratches, some of the guys on here have done quite a bit of toon work so post that pix and let them take a look and they will give you there two cents

You may be able to buff out if not too deep. I was able to get some touch up paint from Bennington through the dealer. I sparayed with small air brush then added clear coat and it turned out very good. You can not even find the area I repaired. My scratches were only about 4" long.

I saw this in Pontoon & deck boat .

Dont know if I would use it or not .

I would need to see it in person 

http://www.vantageprotectionproducts.com/pontoon-guard

pantoon_gaurd1.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes are you talking about scratches on the Aluminum Toons or the Painted Fences or the Anodized aluminum rails.

As far as the logs go. Yes they can be refinished and the scratches can be completely removed. Depending on how deep they are. (If they are real deep) they some times leave a depression where u sanded them out.

I have a few small scratches. I will take some pics and do a "how to" take scratches out. The subject seems to come up quite often.

Back