Tough time with playpen cover

As an update, since I started this thread, I've had to install the cover two additional times. I spent 30-45 minutes carefully applying a dab of Chapstick to each snap. What an improvement. Everyone needs to know this. What a great tip. The other tip that worked is delaying the telescoping of the tent poles until the very end. Overall - it's a much easier process these days. Thanks to all.......

Did you apply it to the side of the snap connected to the boat or the tarp side?

We are weekend boaters and try to make things as simple as possible. I started by making snap extensions so the top wasn't so tight in some areas. That was very helpful. Since our boat is kept in a covered doc and we use it into the evening, dock it, and use it in the am we bought an elastic edged car cover to fit our pontoon instead of use the snap on cover. We just need it to keep droppings, dew, etc out and it works great. We do tie it on at 4 spots so it won't blow off.

image.jpg

That covers the whole boat?

Can you just snap the mooring cover in the four corners?

Our boat is in a garage at the marina. We have their valet service, and even though we are in a garage, I've asked them to cover it to keep bird droppings out. But I also asked that they not snap any more snaps than it takes to just keep the cover on, an no poles either. It's just extra wear and tear on everything.

Back