Tow rope getting hung on ladder

Reaction score
We have a 1012 2575RL tri-toon ESP and love it. This is our 4th Bennington. We are experiencing something new with this boat.

We did not order the extended transom, so our ski pylon is the retractable one that goes into the pop up. We have a very active family on the water. Our tow rope often gets caught on the ladder and has now broken the strap three times. We try to watch out for it and lift it over the ladder before towing a skier, wake boarder, tuber, or knee boarder, but sometimes in the busyness of all that goes on with a boat full of kids and adults, we sometimes miss it.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Nope, we always 'feed' the line out when someone gets towed around.

I have that problem from time to time. When turning back for a dropped skier, I try to always turn to port side to keep from doing that. I also assign one person on the boat to be my "rope tender".

Thanks for your comments. We also do our best to have someone tend the rope, but even doing that, sometimes if too much slack gets in the rope and is not observed soon enough, we get the same result.

Do you have the retractable ladder?

We have the retractable ladder (chrome round tubing, not the square tubing model). The tow rope will pop over the top without much effort

Bennington should take note of this. The ladder design should not make you want to circle back to a downed skier by turning to port, which causes blind spots for the driver.

Back