Towable Rope (Okay, Line)

kaydano

Reaction score
I have always used a 50 foot rope to pull our tube, but we inherited a 60 foot tow rope recently, and so I tried that out today.  Man that extra 10 feet sure makes a difference on the ease of cracking the whip.  I think that extra 10 feet saves me gas money too, as it feels like I'm not running the engine as hard to give the same ride as the 50 footer.

Anyone else experience this?

Maybe I should join the two ropes and make a 110 footer.  I might not even have to leave the dock with one that long...  Ha ha.

Yup we've always used a 60 foot rope.......

When it comes time to replace it, don't go down to 50 foot.

Just make sure the line is rated and remember that 2 adult combined weight can be higher than a 3 person rope rating. I use the overton 6 person rope and replace every couple years. It's 5 bucks or so more.

I have seen a rope snap and rip a forehead open. Ruined that days fun.

A 60 ft kavlar ski rope is perfect.

Kevlar is adds less stretch and is a noticeable improvement....if it breaks, it is also less likely to snap back into the boat

I saw Amazon sells 60 footers that include a 10 foot removable section for $20ish. My existing 50 has a bungee section and the kids say the ride is much smoother from less shock. I'll get that one and have the option to use it with my 50. I wish they just sold the 10 foot section.

Back