Trailer for tritoon?

Frankd

Reaction score
Need some advice, traded our 20sli this summer for a 20slx tritoon, going to take it out of the water soon and our trailer only has 2 bunks, is the third bunk needed for support or will we be ok towing home and storing on the trailer for the winter. Thanks

Definitely need a tritoon trailer as per BM

Way to the "no" don't store a tri toon on a two pontoon trailer.

There's a lot of weight from that middle pontoon. I would imagine warping the deck in a very short amount of time.

Wow, completely slipped my mind. I just ordered the express tune package for my boat. Not sure if there is an upgrade for my 2-toon trailer but I would imagine there is. I will have to research

Thanks guys, called the trailer dealer and was told that the third bunk can be put on my trailer, $175.00, going over tomorrow as they wanted pictures of my trailer, models have changed over the years and want to make sure they get the right parts, cheap enough as far as I'm concerned and I'm sure it by far beats the cost of trading.

I would not recommend towing long term w/o the center bunk, but you'll be fine for storage purposes.

No different than boat sitting on the ground w/blocks under outside tubes.

But I would get the center bunk before next season.

I've had my boat for almost a year and just realized that I do not have a center bunk on my trailer. I definately want to install one immediately, has anyone done this themselves?

I've had my boat for almost a year and just realized that I do not have a center bunk on my trailer. I definately want to install one immediately, has anyone done this themselves?
My trailer dealer (www.trailersforpontoons.com - Mid America) does this all the time for ~$300. The bunks just bolt onto the cross members.

Thanks guys, called the trailer dealer and was told that the third bunk can be put on my trailer, $175.00, going over tomorrow as they wanted pictures of my trailer, models have changed over the years and want to make sure they get the right parts, cheap enough as far as I'm concerned and I'm sure it by far beats the cost of trading.
Guaranteed cheaper than a warranty claim that's not covered !! $175 seems mighty cheap !!

Thanks TomS, I may end up ordering a trailer from them. I just have to figure out how to sell my current trailer first.

I've had good luck on craigslist selling items. You can put it up and see if you get bites. Doen't sound like it is a crisis to make the swap right now

Thanks TomS, I may end up ordering a trailer from them. I just have to figure out how to sell my current trailer first.
What's your current trailer and where are you located?  I'm in the market for one.

A boat with the express tube does not require a triple trailer.  Even on the larger boats, the center express toon weights about 250 lbs.  The real weight of the engine and the fuel tank is in the engine pod that's supported by the outside toon supports.

A full length tritoon weighs about 1000 lbs. with the toon, engine and very large fuel tank.  It for sure requires the center toon to be supported.

Scubadad I am located in Pittsburgh and I have a Trailstar dual axle trailer with brakes on all wheels. I am currently in talks with my dealer about an exchange for a trailer with a center bunk since this is suggested by Bennington and my dealer provided me with an insufficient trailer. What are everyone's thoughts on this? Should the dealer exchange my trailer with one that has a center bunk at just the price difference between the 2 trailers at full retail? Or do you think that is asking too much and I should have to trade my trailer in on a new one without any discount?

Go for a discount. They didn't sell you the right equipment up front.

Thats what I was thinking because they included the trailer in the price of the boat.

Thats what I was thinking because they included the trailer in the price of the boat.
As long at it can handle the weight of the boat (worse case weight), I don't see why you need a new trailer.  Just have them put on the bunks for the center toon.   Push for this to be done free since it should have been included per Bennington.  If they won't budge, then you have to pay I guess.  Still easier then selling and buying a new trailer.

My guess is that they are welded on and the trailer is painted. That would be a lot of work.

My guess is that they are welded on and the trailer is painted. That would be a lot of work.
Possibly...mine are bolted on and are adjustable.  It seems to be a bad business decision if each trailer was custom built for each pontoon.  Most are 8.5' wide, but some are 8' wide.  Some have round center tubes, other have elliptical center tubes.  Too many configurations.  Need adjustability.  Just like your boat lift bunks in your signature.

I guess the recommendation to the OP is to talk with the dealer to see what the options are.

I talked to the trailer manufacturer and they said they have to be ordered from the manufacturer with the center bunk and this is not an option you can add. I talked to my dealer and they are going to call me to discuss the situation. I don't mind paying the difference to get a better trailer, I just don't want to trade mine in towards a new one cause I know it will cost me more that way. I'm disappointed they sold me a trailer for the boat that is insufficient, I liked the dealer I used. My other concern is driving an empty trailer 2 and a half hours each way to get the new one. I think they should deliver it to me since it was their mistake. The person I talked to was very surprised my trailer didn't have a center bunk so they obviously knew it was a mistake.

Back