TRAILER LOADING

theduke

Reaction score
Hi all! Having to trailer our benny all the time and being in salt water all the time,we have had many not to nice episodes loading onto the trailer.Windy days are the worst and wave action does not help either.A while back searching old posts I came upon an old post(june 6,2013 under pontoon loader)looked at the product and it seemed like it would work,so we ordered it came in about 3 weeks later and mounted it a few days later.Let me tell you that loading the toon now is a piece of cake what the video shows is exactly how it works.The cost was $399. no tax and free delivery very well made and very adjustable for different ramp angles,it is all aluminum and galvanized bolts.You do have to buy 2x4 and carpet to cover them....4c-innovations.com

Have heard/seen only good reports on the 4C-Innovations loading system.  We trailer also, and plan to get this for our new 2014 Bennington if the verticle guide posts already installed on the Shorlandr trailer don't work so well.  Always good to hear about real experiences like yours, good or bad.  Thanks for posting.

sunnyside360...We had the upright guides that were on the trailer when we bought it but you can still come in crooked even if in between them One other advantage we didn't think of but also helps is that the total width of the trailer is reduced by over a foot due to the overhang and when were trailering in three lanes of traffic it helps a little.

Finally someone used some ingenuity to design something that works.

Last time I tried to trailer my tritoon, the wind was so strong laterally that I ended up 90 degrees to my trailer and my engine almost in the rip rap. Fortunately it was a deep ramp.

If you have to dock in difficult situations, go for it.

Just curious:  Do you think the 4c-innovations product would work on a HydroHoist boat lift?  Not for me, but for my kids?  I know the latching attachment wouldn't, but I wonder if it would make them more comfortable docking?  What scares me a bit is since we have a tritoon, if you didn't thread the needle, would that be even worse?

I know kids are always in a hurry, but if they practice going slow, they'll be fine. I think you're overthinking all this.

Tom&Sally;I'm not sure about tritoon loading with that system I would deffinitly inquire first.What I do know is that if you have strakes on your tubes you cannot use this system if the strakes are on center of tubes but ok if lower and parallel to the toon.

The Duke - thanks.  That solves my problem.

Carl, you're absolutely right.  Fix the source of the problem, and it's not a problem!  Anyone want to buy a couple of kids?  :D

I took the wood guide posts off, used the galv. stanchion and ran 2 x 6 x 10' on each side. That way you can't get in between. I put them about 4" in from the toons.as it sits on the trailer  When I do miss the ramps the guides direct the boat back to where it should be. I can't say on windy days it's a piece of cake but it helps. On windy days I  leaving the trailer out of the water some what. that lets the Benni touch the guides than use the motor to push up the ramps I have plastic covers on all the wood, no rugs. The plastic helps the boat to slide up easier. Fun in boating

I took the wood guide posts off, used the galv. stanchion and ran 2 x 6 x 10' on each side. That way you can't get in between. I put them about 4" in from the toons.as it sits on the trailer  When I do miss the ramps the guides direct the boat back to where it should be. I can't say on windy days it's a piece of cake but it helps. On windy days I  leaving the trailer out of the water some what. that lets the Benni touch the guides than use the motor to push up the ramps I have plastic covers on all the wood, no rugs. The plastic helps the boat to slide up easier. Fun in boating
Got any pics?  Been wanting to replace my vertical posts with horizontal guides like you did.

Also curious to see the placement of your plastic.

Kayano, I don't have any pictures  and can't get any  that would show because the Benni is wrapped and sitting on the trailer. The plastic I got at my dealers. It is U shaped  that covers 3 sides of the 2 x 6 Its held on with screws on the 2" sides, don't want anything but the plastic touching the toons. I used the vertical galv. posts to screw the 2X6's on. The first boat I had I managed to get between the verticals and scratched the inside of one of the toons. I changed that trailer right after I miss landed. The new trailer came with verticals and I changed them right away. I can give you the name of the dealer to call to locate the plastic covers if you'd like.

Kayano  I'm going to get those pictures you wanted to see of my trailer set up. I'll post them in the gallery later today. 

Back