Trailer Suggestions

RReaume

Reaction score
Need to buy a trailer anyone have mid america or yacht club trailer whats your opinion looking for 2 axle or 3 axle not sure which way to go, couple long trips per year 300 miles. weight of tritoon 2550 rcb bennington with 300 yamaha approximately 4800lbs. Prices?

Just bought a Hoosier dual axle, surge drum brakes all 4 wheels,torsion 5400lb total weight axles, I hate springs on a trailer- $2,750 plus sales tax for a 22' boat

Love the trailers, it is the second Hoosier I have bought

Last edited by a moderator:
Need to buy a trailer anyone have mid america or yacht club trailer whats your opinion looking for 2 axle or 3 axle not sure which way to go, couple long trips per year 300 miles. weight of tritoon 2550 rcb bennington with 300 yamaha approximately 4800lbs. Prices?
You may want to double-check your weight as you might be more than you think. Our new 2575 RCWCP ESP with the 250 SHO (57 lbs lighter than your F300), absolutely no gear, 1 battery, and 30 gallons of fuel, with a heavy duty Bear trailer (2  3500 lb axles and 3x5 frame) weighed in at 6200 total on a certified scale. Granted, with the 3x5 frame, the trailer is heavier than most but I can't imagine that much more...

Also, a 2-axle should be fine. Just make sure the rest of the ratings (axles, tires, hitch, etc.) exceed what you need (which will also result in the overall final trailer rating), keeping in mind the trailer weight needs to be added to the equation as well.

Sounds like you are in a similar situation as us (couple long trips each year). In the end, so glad we went with a heavy duty trailer setup as the weight was even more than I had originally anticipated.

Great advice to put it on an actual scale if possible.

I went with the 5000# Mid-America PT24T with D rated tires for my 2275RCW/250 from Paul and Rob at www.trailersforpontoons.com. He said the rating limitation to 5000# is due to the coupler itself, though not every manufacturer rates them this way. It helps to compare the frame structure, gauge of steel, boxed or C channel, and tire load ratings.

My 2275 RL I/O with a full tank and gear weighs about 4200-4250 lbs...... I have a Yacht Club trailer, double axle, with surge brakes and 13 inch tires. Got it new with the boat in 2008 and it has held up. Just completed a 340 something mile trip and it performed well....

Don't sell yourself short to save money To go 300+ miles you have to have "enough plus" trailer under the boat. 13 -14" wheels, tires "D or E"  rating, two axles  and a hitch with 8K lb. That boat pulls like a Bill Board putting a great deal of stress on tow vehicle, and hitch. Shop for a trailer not price.

My S and trailer and gear weighed in at just under 5100 lbs on a truck scale.

Back