Trailers: Plastic Bunk Wrap

tyjy

Reaction score
Just a general poll:

If purchasing a new trailer OR could do it all over again, would you opt for:

PLASTIC BUNK WRAPS or CARPETED BUNKS?

Plastic bunk wrap.  The welding seams on the logs eat up the carpet.  It has happened on both the boats and the Bennington is even harder on the carpet.

Last edited by a moderator:
When we bought our new benny we asked for plastic bunk wraps because it loads much smoother and doesn't seem to stick from salt water when launching next time . I don't see any negatives .

I'll be adding them to my Mid-America right over the carpet according to Paul.

I've used plastic wrap on the last 2 trailers. The boat does slide easier and the plastic holds up. I 've seen some trailers with rug. They look like they've been through a couple of wars in very short order. If you want more slide you can always grease them  Try that on a rug. I DON"T THINK SO!

Has anyone added the plastic on top of carpet ? After one season I have several tears in the carpet especially from the keel.

Plastic wrapped. My trailer manufacturer doesn't do the carpet.

What is the wrap? I've seen the plastic panels, for lack of a better description, that screw on, but I don't think I'd call then a wrap, so I'm thinking I'm missing something...

What is the wrap? I've seen the plastic panels, for lack of a better description, that screw on, but I don't think I'd call then a wrap, so I'm thinking I'm missing something...

It "wraps" around the sides instaed of just laying flat. I've seen flat ones that are fairly thick but have indentations for the screws to hold them on, and they wont dig into the toons. The wraps are attached on the sides vs. the flat top portion.

5339043_large.jpg

narrrow-trailer-glide.jpg

http://trailersforpontoons.com/launchpontoonshallowwater.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. I had not seen that before.

Back