Transom question

DavidBrunson

Reaction score
Help Please. I own a 2002 2275LX and after using it this past weekend I noticed serious and significant cracks/tears in teh transum. Specifically, if looking at the motor, where the "V" shaped part that the motor is attacjed to, bends to the left and right and bolts to the underside of the boat - is cracking/tearing along the long axis. I am worried. Any thoughts? Does anyone know if the is a warranty item for Bennington?

Thank you David

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, sorry to hear that. I would say yes, it would definitely be warrantied. Best thing to do would be to call your dealer. I certainly wouldn't run it any more.

Sorry, just re read your post and noticed it was a 2002 not a 2012 I as first thought. If you are the original owner I would think it would be covered under the lifetime deck and under warranty. If you are not the original owner, I don't think it would be covered.

Don't use it until it is repaired!

As Bigtop stated,if you are the original owner, then warranty is a possibility, but i don't know what the warranty is for an 02 model.

A good welding shop with an experienced TIG welder can fix it , and perhaps beef it up a little to keep it from happening again.

Let us know how this turns out for you!

What size motor do you have on there?

Help Please. I own a 2002 2275LX and after using it this past weekend I noticed serious and significant cracks/tears in teh transum. Specifically, if looking at the motor, where the "V" shaped part that the motor is attacjed to, bends to the left and right and bolts to the underside of the boat - is cracking/tearing along the long axis. I am worried. Any thoughts? Does anyone know if the is a warranty item for Bennington?

Thank you David
Hey David,

If you are the original owner, please have the boat transom inspected by an authorized Bennington dealer. If he agrees that the transom had not been misused or damaged, he can submit a claim with photos to us for a replacement transom, 100% materials and labor. Thanks, TB

TB rocks, again.

TB = The Best

Back