Travel cover

Rockie69

Reaction score
I have posted images of my travel cover in my gallery.

-Jared

I had a couple questions/comments in your gallery but you just answered them............... Love the way the cover extends all the way to the deck! Well done.........

Thank you! I have a couple more additions I am considering.

Zipper across the top bow to attach a "flap" using the mooring snaps (already there), and a "zipper door" on the front. I did not do the door in the front to start with because of the water egress while traveling in the rain, and cleaning out bug guts when traveling in the "buggy" seasons. The flap will eliminate that worry.

I used Sunbrella Plus, and the weight is not much more than the mooring cover. Difficulty to install alone takes a few minutes more than the mooring cover because you're pulling down to get the snaps. You could go with a less expensive material and save a couple hundred bucks. All in all, I love this cover.

Yours is the best traveling cover I've seen on a Bennie. I take it a local shop custom made it for you? Care to share any details? Looks to be top notch craftsmanship. Please also let us know how it performs after you get some highway miles on it.

I love it where was it made? I would take on in a haertbeat

Very nice inndeed.

If you are in the Iowa City / Cedar Rapids area, PM me and I'll provide you the name of my upholstery shop (a.k.a tent and awning shops).

Man, that is a great looking cover!! This is when it sucks living in a small town with limited resources for something like this. I would have to travel to about 3 1/2 hours to find a shop that MAY be competent enough to make something like this! I was told there was a place in Winnipeg that used to make all the covers (camper enclosures etc.) for Lund boats, but not positive. I have trust issues too. I hate leaving my boat, or anything for that matter, with someone else. That way I can always make sure nothing gets screwed up! Probably why Jared my Bennington rep is getting sick of me!! haha

First week I owned the boat I took it to have the cover put on, boat was was left outside; a HUGE storm blew through, straight line winds, power-lines down, as I'm getting ready for bed the wife asks: "How do you think your boat is doing?" To in which I reply as I'm getting ready to power my phone down for the evening, "Not much I can do about it..." just as I look at my phone I see a text msg from about 2 hours prior from the guy at the upholstery shop. "Your boat is inside." To which I replied, "You are awesome, simply awesome, THANK YOU!!!!" His response, "Thank you, Thank you very much.", which for some reason I read with an Elvis accent in my head. Had I not had the boat at his shop, I think the mooring cover would have been ripped off, and tree branches stuck in the seats, that storm was BAD. So, sometimes it's ok to leave your things with others. :)

Very nice indeed !!

First week I owned the boat I took it to have the cover put on, boat was was left outside; a HUGE storm blew through, straight line winds, power-lines down, as I'm getting ready for bed the wife asks: "How do you think your boat is doing?" To in which I reply as I'm getting ready to power my phone down for the evening, "Not much I can do about it..." just as I look at my phone I see a text msg from about 2 hours prior from the guy at the upholstery shop. "Your boat is inside." To which I replied, "You are awesome, simply awesome, THANK YOU!!!!" His response, "Thank you, Thank you very much.", which for some reason I read with an Elvis accent in my head. Had I not had the boat at his shop, I think the mooring cover would have been ripped off, and tree branches stuck in the seats, that storm was BAD. So, sometimes it's ok to leave your things with others. :)
Your mooring cover is also well made. I love mine! It fits like a glove and has done a fantastic job for 9 yrs. now. Besides being in under cover storage in the winter months it has taken a beating from the rain, wind, violent thunderstorms but most of all the sun on a daily basis. That's why it's so faded. I've treated that cover a few times a year w/303 fabric protector but sooner or later that sun will get to it...............Sounds like that guy runs a great shop!

I agree the mooring cover is well made, I fear if my boat had been outside in that storm with any cover, bad things would have happened. ;) I use the mooring cover when docked in my slip. From my truck to the cover in storage, bumpers pulled and dock lines stowed, takes all of 15 minutes, 10 if I have a helper.

Quality

Very nice indeed, thanks for the pictures.

Back