Welcome to Club Bennington

An official club forum for Bennington boats

Login Register

trolling motor help "again" dealer no help

Discussion in 'Pontoon Forum' started by Flying Butcher, Feb 14, 2018 at 7:16 AM.

1. Flying Butcher

Flying Butcher Member

I know this has been discussed several times {but} I am in need of advise. I called two dealers and never got any good advise " oh lots of choices just go through the sites and select" NO HELP?? Anyway guys got a new 22 cruise and fish coming. These are some of the things I would like in a new trolling motor. Has to be remote control as motor on front and fishing out the back. Would like anchor control. If possible motor can follow the bottom (set at 10 feet and it will follow contour of bottom keeping 10 feet)?? Most like 80# thrust. Do I need 54 or 60 inch shaft. Told to go with Minn Kota. No real need for bluetooth. Any other options you all would suggest? Yes quick release.
    Thanks in advance for any assistance guys. New dock will be finished next week. Bass fished for many many years ands till have bass boat. Want tritoon for company to do a little fishin with. Thanks in advance for any help.

2. lakeliving

lakeliving Well-Known Member

I’m eyeing the minn Kota Riptide PowerDrive 70 with ipilot.

3. Shawn

Shawn Well-Known Member

I have a Minn Kota Power Drive w/Co-Pilot, 55#, 54" shaft. For me 55# thrust is fine, but 70 or 80 is great if you don't have to haul the batteries.