Trying to find a replacement part

DrmChld

Reaction score
I am trying to find the following part:  http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bennington-Marine-Pontoon-Bimini-Top-Latch-Strut-Base-plastic-/331914954011?hash=item4d47ac451b:g:EcsAAOSwIgNXkNF3

I have not been able to locate a part number for this item.  It attaches to the frame of the boat where the bimini latches onto the bolt.  It keeps the bimini from coming out of the bracket.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bennington-Marine-Pontoon-Bimini-Top-Latch-Strut-Quick-Release-Clip-002957-/331949874548

I am not sure if that is the exact name for the replacement part.  I spoke to a couple shops that carried Bennington products and they were not able to assist me.

Does anyone know where I can purchase this part?  and is it really $30!

Any Bennington dealer should be able to order the part if they don't stock it. 

And yes, boat parts aren't exactly cheap. It doesn't matter the brand, if it says boat, marine, nautical, etc ...... That translates to: ka-ching ...  :blink:

And yes, boat parts aren't exactly cheap. It doesn't matter the brand, if it says boat, marine, nautical, etc ...... That translates to: ka-ching ...  :blink:

Boats / Inground Pools / Home goods with Bear or Moose....unbelievable

I've noticed that through the years on anything regarding RV, boat, hot tub, swimming pool, etc. I guess they think that if you have money to buy these things, then you have money to pay out the nose for them. I just tried to find a small plastic tubing reducer for my hot tub. I went to a couple of online parts sites. $12 - $14 bucks. I finally ran up the auto parts store and bought one for a vacuum line. 2 in a pack for $3.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, it's funny when you cross reference certain parts, plugs, filters, etc .... The difference in price when "Marine" is added. Then again, I'm a Marine so I can understand the theory .....  :lol:

Carl and I went to Boaters Warehouse for a distributor cap and rotor for my I/O. They were out of the ones for a V6. They told us to go to Autozone or Advance Auto down the street and get one for a V6 Chevy Blazer. It is the same exact part! Found out that the marine part at Boaters Warehouse was $88.70. Autozone cost me $45............Hmmmmmmm...

Carl and I went to Boaters Warehouse for a distributor cap and rotor for my I/O. They were out of the ones for a V6. They told us to go to Autozone or Advance Auto down the street and get one for a V6 Chevy Blazer. It is the same exact part! Found out that the marine part at Boaters Warehouse was $88.70. Autozone cost me $45............Hmmmmmmm...

The thing about the difference in price with auto zone is that they sell a sh@# load of them for chevy v6's. Boater's warehouse,not so many.But have you ever discussed with the mechanic about converting your ignition system to a electronic system? Hope you get it figured out! I'm sure everything else on that boat is in great shape. Fixing the Big Kahuna is much cheaper than a new payment book. Good Luck.

Yeah that 4.3 was used in various gm vehicles including the GMC safari and Chevy astro vans.

Yup had the same engine in my first boat. Used to use just a regular Fram oil filter for a few bucks as opposed to the marine filter for $13 or so......

The thing about the difference in price with auto zone is that they sell a sh@# load of them for chevy v6's. Boater's warehouse,not so many.But have you ever discussed with the mechanic about converting your ignition system to a electronic system? Hope you get it figured out! I'm sure everything else on that boat is in great shape. Fixing the Big Kahuna is much cheaper than a new payment book. Good Luck.

Thanks! Payment book?!? Ha!

I've noticed that through the years on anything regarding RV, boat, hot tub, swimming pool, etc. I guess they think that if you have money to buy these things, then you have money to pay out the nose for them. I just tried to find a small plastic tubing reducer for my hot tub. I went to a couple of online parts sites. $12 - $14 bucks. I finally ran up the auto parts store and bought one for a vacuum line. 2 in a pack for $3.

Yup! Try $800.00 for an LED pool light. Worst part is they last about 1.1 years, and warranty is 1.0 years. So, that makes the 7 year Benni warranty look pretty good.

The part number I have for the bimini clip is 002957 but, that might be a local dealer number. and.....it says $5.50!

Back