Ultralight Dust Cover

BigBlock

Reaction score
Each year in the months of May and June we have a terrible problem with Pine Pollen in the air. While the boats are kept on a lift with canopy, the pollen still gets all over the interior of the pontoon and creates about a 2 hour cleaning process. The cover supplied by Bennington is surely top quality, but it's heavy and cumbersome to put on.

Attached below is a picture of the custom dust cover I had made for the pontoon. It's super lightweight, waterproof, only a few snaps with a stretch cord base custom fit to the Q25. Should save some time!

That should definitely do it but you will have to do something to prevent the pollen showing on that black cover :)

Are you hiring? Everything you do, you do it big.

Looks great, BUT, remember, any staining created by that cover will probably not be covered under warranty being it's not a "factory" cover. Just a warning .......

A simple pressure wash will clean the cover. No concerns about staining, very careful on the selection of fabric material and treatment of the interior vinyl.

Each year in the months of May and June we have a terrible problem with Pine Pollen in the air. While the boats are kept on a lift with canopy, the pollen still gets all over the interior of the pontoon and creates about a 2 hour cleaning process. The cover supplied by Bennington is surely top quality, but it's heavy and cumbersome to put on.

Attached below is a picture of the custom dust cover I had made for the pontoon. It's super lightweight, waterproof, only a few snaps with a stretch cord base custom fit to the Q25. Should save some time!
So does pine pollen appear as tiny green dots everywhere? We had this very same problem despite a canopy with 3' deep sides.

BigBlock, where did you get it?  About how much if you don't mind me asking?  I was thinking the benny cover is a lot of work, plus it doesn't give complete coverage.   

Remember slyguy, this is additional protection, Bigblock is also under a canopy as well.   This is a dust cover, don't see no support struts and I believe the water would pool.  Biglock how well do you think the dust cover would perform as the sole protection? 

Remember slyguy, this is additional protection, Bigblock is also under a canopy as well.   This is a dust cover, don't see no support struts and I believe the water would pool.  Biglock how well do you think the dust cover would perform as the sole protection? 
I understand that. Live in AZ, pooling water usually isn't an issue.  < 8" of rain for the year.  Some things I don't like about the benny cover is its a big PITA to put on + it doesn't have complete coverage of the panels.  Sun is brutal where I live.  @ 350 days of sunshine.   

Slyguy STOP, you're killing me :)  Remember we are still frozen over

Last edited by a moderator:
The pollen we get is a yellow dust that when moisture hits it turns sticky. The stuff is a mess but cleans up easy with wiping or using a hose.

Had the cover custom made by a local canvas shop. They came over measured, reviewed what the right types of fabric would be and all together, took about two days to complete.

There are no anti-pooling provisions on this cover as it will be used under a canopied lift. The material is waterproof, yet super light weight. I believe I would use the factory supplied cover if I did not have the canopy due to weather.

This cover also completely wraps the rear swim deck.

The top on the pontoon is the Power Curved Lighted Bimini. Love the looks of the Sport Towers, but unable to accommodate it with my present dock/lift system.

Back