Unusual or Interesting Things on the Lake

CTays

Reaction score
A couple of Interesting things I have seen on the lake this year. Anyone else have anything?

gallery_6412_870_18126.jpg

gallery_6412_870_8401.jpg

He needs a "BIGGA BOAT"

A local business owner lives on a neighboring lake but flys into ours all the time. Pretty fun to watch and takes people for rides.

A few weeks ago we saw this. Not a sight you want to see behind your house!

DC4719BE-B50A-4091-AE7C-8061A32E4996_zpswekjtnae.jpg

We went up the river a couple of weekends ago. We were sitting on the sandbar watching the boats go by, when this one came by. It's called the Gunslinger. It's an offshore racer. There were about 5-6 people in it, all wearing ear muffs, and might I say, they definitely needed them. You could just about feel the earth tremble as it went by. It is a beautiful boat!

I'm not sure if this is going to work.  Let me know if it doesn't work.

http://vid580.photobucket.com/albums/ss250/totallyrotten58/2F323D06-CBCF-4474-B602-C220893F7528.mp4

Last edited by a moderator:
It worked for me SpoilledRotten

Ran into a colleague of mine out on the lake. He, his father, and son had renovated this Lake Amphibian. His son was working on his seaplane rating.

We too have a house close by that has a 1947 Cessna float plane winched up a ramp in his front yard. 

And we have a family across the lake with a Jet Ranger helicopter and a landing strip.  They have 2,000 acres and 3 palatial mansions on the property--and over a mile of waterfront--worth $ millions.

A gentleman on our lake has a new 28,000 square ft. house with a 2 acre swimming pool.  His boat is a 127' Christensen displacing 350 tons--7 times that of a 53' Hatteras.  It cost about the same as a Gulfstream V, and has 3 full time employees.  With a 4500 mile range, the boat can go anywhere in the world.

Get some photos! Wow.

A gentleman on our lake has a new 28,000 square ft. house with a 2 acre swimming pool. His boat is a 127' Christensen displacing 350 tons--7 times that of a 53' Hatteras. It cost about the same as a Gulfstream V, and has 3 full time employees. With a 4500 mile range, the boat can go anywhere in the world.
But is he really happy ??? LOL!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow some cool rides.

Maule , Robison R44, & a Buccaneer. It would be the ultimate to commute via flying to your lake house. We live about 2 hrs away from our lake house and when your that close flying doesn't make sense, but for people with 4 hr drives I could see how a 40 min flight would be just right.

Lake Tahoe is a beautiful lake I would never consider owning a house there Unless owning a plane was part of the deal. And I would have to win the lottery, :) The 4 hr drive is just to long to be sitting in a car or God forbid Traffic!!!!

It takes me just about 4 hours to go from my primary residence in Temecula to my other crib in Havasu.  About 260 miles.  The good part is most of that is going across the desert and most of the time I drive in the middle of the night.  I do it that way to avoid the traffic and the heat.  Kind of an eery feeling when you're out in the middle of nowhere at 2 am and nobody else is around.  Makes for an easy drive though and I'm so used to it now it's no big deal.  I used to work a lot of graveyard shifts so staying awake all night long is a piece of cake.

We have lots of wild Burros around Lake Havasu as well as the occasional Big Horn Sheep. Fun to watch them come down from the steep cliffs to drink. We've actually got quite close to them, less than 20-25 feet.

Back